Thread: New Lightweight 14x17 Camera is finished!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

New Lightweight 14x17 Camera is finished!

I decided to start a separate thread for this. I started building this camera in late June of this year and finished two days ago. So it was about 5 months of off and on building. Most of the important metal parts came from Chamonix and several I fabricated myself. I decided to go with 6x6 lens boards as I'm using this as a field camera and wanted to reduce weight. The camera I have now which is way overbuilt for this format weights 32 pounds. This one weights 20 pounds 6 ounces. The wood is some aged Walnut I've been saving for many years and was about 80 years old when I got it. The extension is about 35 inches. My lenses go from a wide angle of 14 inches to my 30 inch Artar so I'm covered I feel. This is the nicest camera I've built to date. I'm very happy with this build. Thanks fo following this. To those who are contemplating building a camera I say go for it. It is very rewarding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fullsizeoutput_3ce4.jpg   fullsizeoutput_3cf0.jpg   fullsizeoutput_3cf8.jpg   fullsizeoutput_3cec.jpg