A bit of fun, hopefully also with a purpose. When I started off in LF I just had 'normal', in-shutter lenses, a Fujinon 125mm, the diminuitive Ektar 203mm, a couple of Nikons... you get the picture.

Then I bought a secondhand Linhof monorail and it came with a 480mm APO-Ronar in barrel. 'Wow! What a weight!' I thought. Having read a lot more on these pages I realise now that there are a lot of big, heavy (and often old) chunks of metal and glass out there.

So show us your whoppers!

In shutter or barrel. In a similar fashion to the Cooke serial number thread (and others) I will use a public Google Sheet to record the results, and sort them by weight as it is updated.

It could be helpful to know if a lens will fit on a particular lens board / camera system, so if you can please also give the mount hole size and the distance the lens projects backwards from the mount. (The small print: Readers should assume that all of measurements of weight and size are approximate and they should satisfy themselves that a particular lens will fit on a particular camera).

Weights and dimensions can be given in metric (g, kg, mm, cm) or imperial (pounds, ounces, or decimal pounds :-), I will have columns for both in the spreadsheet and will convert the entries as required. Weighing attached to a lensboard is okay, the additional weight should be negligable for anything with some heft to it.

Preferably no real oddities like lens from lighthouses etc (although it might be fun to categorise anything odd separately :-) Only lenses which are (or have been) in your possession. Apocryphal or otherwise interesting stories or images are most welcome but won't make it into the spreadsheet.

Okay, my tiddly little entries to kick off...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2317_cr.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	182896
Cooke Series II 10.5" f4.5
2.56 lbs (1.164 kg) on Sinar top hat board
2.75" (70 mm) flange hole
0.50" (12 mm) projection backwards

Name:	DSC_2318_cr.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	182894
Wollensak Velostigmat II 12" f4.5
2.95 lbs (1.341 kg) on Sinar top hat board
3.25" (82 mm) L section flange
0.75" (18mm) projection backwards

Name:	DSC_2316_cr.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	182895
Rodenstck APO-Ronar L 480mm f9
3.89 lbs (1.768 kg) on what was a Sinar funny aperture thingee board
2.83" (72 mm) mount hole
0.55" (14mm) projection backwards

The Google sheet which will record the results is here.