Thread: Need help figuring out how to build a roller base for a Jobo 3005

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    umop episdn

Need help figuring out how to build a roller base for a Jobo 3005

Nobody likes long postings so in keeping this somewhat brief I’m needing some help building a motor base for a large Jobo film processing drum.

I have some ideas in mind and a rough design. A professional machinist I was working with just hasn’t had the time so I’ve finally realized I will just have to build it myself.

What I’m after is a portable and extremely quiet motor base for my Jobo drums. I want to emphasize the quiet part. I’m surrounded by vibrating and otherwise noisy objects and I don’t want this motor base to be another one.

When it comes to electronics I know just enough to be aware I know nothing. I could use really use some help understanding what kind of torque I should be looking for and what kind of voltage I should be looking at. As the motor will be running for about thirty minutes per film run the duty cycle could be important so the motor doesn’t get overworked.

On the mechanics side, I’m looking at a multitude of bearings, rollers and drive pulleys and some pointers would be really useful.
    Last edited by konakoa; 7-Nov-2018 at 18:06. Reason: Clarifying this old thread!