I finally gave up on my T2 Zone VI enlarging head. It had a wildly uneven illumination field- and different contrasts within that field. Tube trouble, I'm sure. I first tried using an Aristo head with it, but the exposure times ran so long that it was a constant frustration. Modern Enlarger Lamps had made me an LED head for an Omega E6 chassis. That worked fine, in fact, was the best I had ever printed with. I took to just physically placing the light unit on top of the Z6 negative carrier for couple of big projects but hated moving the head back and forth. Modern Enlarger Lamps quit building 5X7 units.

I finally took all the parts out of the Z6 head except the light sensor and am building, (with help), a new illumination grid to put in it using the same LEDs that are in the MEL unit.

(If anyone is interested the Z6 guts, minus the light sensor, please IM me.)

Going to end up with a 7X11 1/2 inch lighting grid and new mixing box in the Z6 head. Hoping for a bright 5X7 illumination field of the correct color temp for under the lens filters on multigrade paper. The Z6 is an XL and it's the only chassis I have that will make a 20X24 off a 5X7 negative.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6374 (1).jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	161053