Hi all,

I'm new to LF, having shot 35mm and MF for about 5 years. I bought an Intrepid 4x5 as it seemed nice, new and light. I also found a Pullin Pulnar 100mm f2.8 mounted on a Copal Press 1 shutter. The price was too good to pass up.

Here are my questions:

- The lens is currently mounted on a board I do not recognize (image attached), which has a slight extension and an offset hole. It seems to be Technika compatible and fits the front of my Intrepid. Taking this into account:
  • The lens does not seem to cover the full 4x5 ground glass. It seems to suffer from mechanical vignetting no matter how I move the front element (and 100mm is very close to the minimum for this camera, so movements are limited).
    Is this something that has anything to do with the "strange" board?
  • I cannot seem to find any information on this lens (although it has been spoken of here). Does this lens simply not cast a large enough image circle at infinity?
  • The shutter it's mounted on has an aperture scale that goes to 1.9: any ideas on how I can work out a conversion table for this 2.8 lens?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P_20170207_174206.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	160926

I appreciate any feedback and hopefully one day I will be in a position to give some help myself.