Hello, all!

I have an original graphic view that had come with the original Kodak shutter. After many trips to a repair shop, we finally declared the shutter a lost hope (B and T would slip and not hold the shutter open intermittently. A new part would have fixed it but that was more trouble than I was willing to go through for this shutter), so I went out and bought myself a modern lens in a modern copal #1 shutter (thanks, uphereinmytree)! This not only functions on all settings, is a lot faster, but also has a flash sync terminal that has made me think about using flash for the first time. My question is, however, how have people mounted flashes on these cameras in the past? I found the manual online and there is no mention of it (probably because this pre-dates electronic flashes by quite some time!). My best hope would be to utilize the thread on top of the front standard that was marked for use by the bellows shade that was an accessory back then. However, I don't know what the exact thread size is. I shoved some drill bits in there and my 1/8" drill bit fit the best but I'm sure thats not the best/most scientific solution. Then even once I know the thread size, I need to scour the interwebs to find a thread adapter. My thought was (assuming it is indeed 1/8") Have a 1/8" to 1/4-20 adapter then get a 1/4-20 to cold shoe adapter to hold an electronic flash. Or has anyone else found/is there a better way to go about doing this? I could just have the flash on a stand next to the camera, but I would love it to be a little bit more portable than that.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6412.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	158750