Good Afternoon!

My name is Ray and I am from Southern NH, standing on the ledge and getting ready to make the plunge into LF photography - waiting for the right body to be found. A bit of history if you like: I grew up in the 80's shooting 35mm film and made the switch to digital in 2008 for a few years. Digital didn't do it for me, so got back into film in 2012 and quickly moved to medium format. Recently, sold off the last of my 35mm gear and am shooting all 120 (Rollei / Plaubel-Makina) and just picked up a Graflex Century 2x3 with the 120 back this winter. Hooked on the style (movements, slow pace and so on) now.

This darned 2x3 I am calling it my gateway drug to LF.

So now, the bug has bit and I am researching 4x5 LF cameras. My hunting has brought me in a couple directions. I have to say, I love the looks and light weight of wooden view cameras like the Shen Hao and Nagaoka. But in that same breath, the economy of the Graflex Crown and the like grabs my attention - though I've read about limited movements. That got me looking at Linhof III's thru V's which can be in the same price range as new SH - give or take, but what I really want is what'll do the job well.

I plan to do a lot of walking with this body and plan to use with a tripod - which is why the woods first appealed to me.

Would love to hear others thoughts on this!

Thank you-Ray