Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
Got the larger 14x17 Chamonix brother to your 11x14. It's a beast, barely manageable for one person, better with two. Still the negatives speak for themselves. Now the weather is clearing in San Francisco, I've got to get it out while we still have some billowy clouds and not too much wind. As for lenses, here is my two cents on ones that cover 14x17 and will give you insane amounts of rise and fall with your camera! http://www.angusparkerphoto.com/blog...ndations-14x17

PS. It's great to see so many old lenses being remounted in shutter by Grimes - a wonderful way to bring them back to life.
Good Gawd. Another person afflicted with the condition commonly referred to as Excessively Large Camera Syndrome (ELCS) and all of the periphery of devices that are connected to this condition. Complete agreement with your three go to lens in the 355 G Claron, the 450M Nikon and the 600C Fuji. For my 11x14 V11 I added the Doctor 760 APO Germinal in Copal 3, the 35" Red Dot aluminum barrel in #5 Ilex and sometimes reach for the 21" Ektanon on barrel. I will also convey that once I happened upon a Majestic tripod with the large 6" base plate that has this amazing capability of being able to hoist that camera upward for optimal image making perspective, my Reis A100 is a lonely boy in its case absent this amazing capability. The lightweight aluminum ladder now is is also close at hand just in case. The ability to change the viewing perspective in the vertical horizon can be a real game changer IMHO.