A couple of years back I purchased a 27 inch Eizo, CG275W. It came with a 5 Year Warranty. Don't believe it.

Last year, my monitor started to de-laminate. I contacted Eizo and they told me that everything but de-lamination was under warranty. They said it would take $200 to fix. I had to cover the shipping (with a new box, which they wouldn't sell me, I figure about $200, maybe $50 to get it back.) Loaner while its being repaired? Forget it.

I just bought a used monitor to use and was about to start getting it boxed up, then I re-read the email. It said $200 labor PLUS parts. Oh, wait, the parts are another $980. I am not paying $1200 to get this thing fixed, especially when it should be the company's responsibility under the warranty.

I like Macs, I'm going to wait until Apple puts out a nice 5K monitor with a reasonable color space (I don't care about full Adobe RGB, I look at the print anyway). I know it will likely be next year when the Skylake chips become more available. That way the software will get updated whenever Apple updates an OS, which Eizo didn't do well.

Regardless, I figured I'd pass this along. Buyer beware.