Hi all,
I currently have a Manfrotto 190XPROB on which I use a Manfrotto 410 Junior Head (1.2Kg) and a 045F1 Chamonix view camera (1.6kg) with small lenses.
The tripod gets up to 146cm with column fully extended and only 122cm without extending the column. It weighs 1.6kg.
I would like to have a taller tripod to be able to use it without extending the center column without having to duck.
Also I think it would be nice to have the ability to extend really high as for most of my pictures (urban landscape) it would be beneficial to have a higher viewpoint (to avoid obstacles: cars, etc. and also to provide an unusual viewpoint).
I have found tripods going up to 190cm but I'm not so sure about those brands (Giottos and Triopo for instance).
I have had a Giottos head before and I did not have a great experience with those. I have also read bad experiences with Giottos tripods and users seem not to be impressed with build quality of Triopo tripods.
I came back to appreciate Manfrotto 055 series because of its quality but price is high if you want to get the carbon fiber ones and they generally don't get really that high(max 170).
One should consider the old 055 aluminium series maybe.
I found the 055XDB weighs 2.1Kg, 137,5cm tall without center column, 178cm tall with center column.
Any thoughts?