"Oh, but digital cameras will last forever... Yep, thet's why I have one here that can only be read by it's original software as the format hasn't been supported in years. Oh, yes, but the format YOUS uses is better and "standard". Yeah, they've been saying that for 20 years now and it still don't hold any water! "

Just what camera is not readable after a couple of years? Let us all know will you. All the RAW formats have been and are supported now as they were at their inception. JPG & TIF have been around for many, many years.

What standard are you referring to that we've been talking about for 20 years that doesn't hold any water. CD technology has been around since the late 70's....nearly 30 years. JPG standard has been around for 20. The computer and software you used backin 2000 works EXACTLY the same with the camera now. CD readers will be around for the balance of our lifetimes thanx to their huge saturation rate in the market. Quite frankly....I don't care if their are no CD readers in 200 years.

But as I said, let us all know what camera and format has vanished in the last 2 years.