I have a Century Master Studio camera that I am cleaning up. The bellows are in good shape, just really filthy from being in storage for decades. It is a red bellows, kind of rigid. I am not 100% sure, but I am thinking it is a synthetic material made to look like leather. Slight grain. Anybody know what it is made of? My guess we are talking about 1930-ish, give or take a few.

I cleaned the bellows as best as possible with diluted Murphy's Oil Soap (which I have found to work well on both synthetics or leather), and a soft hand towel and q-tips. Worked pretty well for all except the darkest dirt stains. Is there a safe cleanser that I could use to readdress those tough stains? Or, just leave it as is, which is the approach I am leaning towards.

Then, I would like to condition/polish the bellows to bring out the red nicely, and perhaps add some additional years to this bellows. What I use would depend on the material it's made from. Any ideas? I've heard that Pledge has been used with success on synthetics. I have been thinking that beeswax very lightly applied and then dry polished might be good for either leather or synthetic. Howard Feed-N-Wax is a very soft wax that could be applied with a cotton ball, then buffed a bit with an old tee shirt.