Hi!

When mounting a lens into a shutter, the spacing of the front and rear cells may have to be adjusted in relationship to each other and to the aperture plane by means of thin spacing rings (shims). How exactly is this measured, and which instruments does it require?

It is not that I want to do it myself. The background:
On a norwegian photo forum, I asked who here in Norway might be able to mount a lens into a shutter. (A taking lens into a fitting shutter, not the adapting of a barrel lens.) I was referred to the former Sinar representative. I called him and he said yes. But when I detailed my question to include the spacing, the answer changed into no.
When I asked who could, he said that they had sent lenses to Schneider in such cases. But while Schneider may be willing to deal with an Angulon, they may not be thrilled about an Apo Ronar or an A Fujinon. Also, in order to keep shipping cost down, I would prefer to send all the stuff to one and the same address.

So, when I try to find somebody else, I feel I have to ask how exactly they do it, and if they have the tools required.

Grimes probably has, but they don't answer my e-mails.

Good light - Hening.