I plan to process T-Max 100 4x5 sheet film. I'm going to start with a light-tight room and trays. If the tray system proves unsuitable, I will try something else. But for the moment, I plan to use trays. Processing will be low volume, perhaps 12 sheets in groups of three (the result of bracketing) spread over each month. Some questions:

Developer: Kodak has a liquid concentrate developer specifically for T-Max film. Is there any reason why I should use the powder developers EXTOL or D-76.

Stop Bath: Is there any difference between Kodak Indicator and Kodak EKTAFLO stop baths? Both are liquid concentrates. For my expected volume, should I care whether there is an indicator or should I just use an acid/water combination?

Fixer: Kodak recommends Kodak Rapid Fixer, a liquid concentrate, for T-Max. I assume that this recommendation is connected to the statement that "with T-Max Professional Films, fixer will be exhausted more rapidly than with other films." If my assumption is correct, and if I am not doing volume and am not in a hurry, is there any reason why I should use, in preference, Kodak Fixer (powder) or KODAFIX Solution (liquid)?

Water Wash: Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent appears to shorten washing time from 20-30 minutes to five minutes. Is there any reason not to use it?

Wetting Agent: Kodak recommends Foto-Flo Solution to minimize water marks and streaks during drying. Does it really make a difference?

General Points: I'd like to keep the number of chemical solutions down to what is really necessary or useful.

Kodak, in Technical Paper CIS-49, entitled Preparing Smaller-Than-Package-Size Amounts of Kodak Processing Chemicals, raises two issues about small-batch processing. The first is that the partial use of a bottle of liquid concentrate raises an oxyidation problem (sounds very much like the problem of what to do with a partially consumed bottle of wine). The second is that the partial use of a packet of powder may result in a failure to use the powder in a completely homogeneous manner. Both problems sound serious. However, the paper speaks only of colour chemicals. Are there similar problems with Black and White chemicals and, if so, is this a factor in choosing between liquid concentrate and powder?

Tomorrow, I plan to ask some questions about processing of contact prints. I have not included those questions here because my brain is still utter mush from reading about the subject and, in particular, the various papers available.

As should be evident from the foregoing, I have never before processed film. Thanks for any comments.