Hi, I have some questions about B+Wfilm developer. It may sound funny to you, bu t I appreciate if you could give me some advices. What is the advantage of using diluted developer besides changing a lenght of de veloping process. I know many people hate to use developer straight, but I don't know why? Let's say, here is two films which have been exposed exactly same and shot same scene. (same ASA) And If you process those film (by adjusting the process time) to get exactly sam e contrast index using same developer but different dilution, one is stock and t he other is 1:1, would you see the difference in final prints from those negs. Or, they are different such as grain, separation, etc... even though they have s ame CI.

Also, some people say processing in a higher tempture makes grain larger. Does i t mean processing in a lower tempture makes grain smaller? How about if their CI are s ame? For example, according to Kodak, in a T-Max 100 and D-76 combination both 6 1/ 2min @68 degree and 5min @75 degree should produce almost same density. Do you think they look identically same in final prints or should there be obvious differences in the quality? Please explain in the beginner's term. Thanks Max