Many of us appear to be "gear-heads" while some of us are minimalists when it comes to our approach to large format gear. What we have in common is that this gear has to have come from somewhere. Some build their own while others buy (and the fortunate few given) what they need either new or used.

It is the used cameras and lenses and accoutrements I'm interested in here.

How many of us have historically significant stuff in our kits and darkrooms? Cameras or lenses that have belonged to notable if not famous photographers? Equipment that once (that we know of) was used in some endeavor of commerce or exploration?

Do you have gear that has a story connected to it? And how does it effect you? I mean if you owned a lens once used by Ansel Adams or Edward Weston, do you put it on a shelf as a relic or does the very fact that it is what it is inspire you to be...I don't know...some how try to be more "worthy" in your photographic efforts? Or is it simply another lens no different from any other?
I don't mean to limit the discussion to just lenses---I'm just offering that as an example---any photo gear is welcome--cameras, enlargers, film holders etc....anything having to do with photography and photographers.