I guess there isn't much of a market for the old half-plate or plate camera format left especially with film choice in this format being very restricted to a few brands.

Tinkering around with the idea of getting a half-plate camera, I accidentally bought one that I thought would sell for a lot more (this is how fast these vintage cameras are depreciating!) so I now have a half-plate camera to play with for my fun retirement projects

Anyone use full-plate or half-plate cameras here? The one I have is a standard half-plate (6.5 in x 4.25in) of the original glass-plate size. I don't shoot much in such long rectangles so this is going to be a challenge.

One option is to convert the back into an international 4x5" back and use it that way with a standard 5x4" enlarger.

Staying with the half-plate size seems challenging - the film prices are a bit pricey (due to lack of demand) although the old aesthetic of the half-plate is appealing enough to try this with a few 5x7" DDS.

Haven't decided yet, and am just playing around with ideas. Feel welcome to add any hints or advice you've found helpful for using half or whole plates. I guess if I enjoy using a half-plate camera, then I'll be looking towards getting into a full-plate camera, even if it's going to be contact printed only...