Blue base doesn't seem to cause a problem with Fomapan 100 roll films -- I use a lot of 'em, 120 and recently 35 mm, and print about 99% on VC paper. And I thought I recalled seeing "half speed" films -- that'd be ISO 25 equivalent -- that had the emulsion on only one side also, as well as "high definition" films for industry, essentially the same as mammography film (needs the high resolution to show up tiny cracks etc.) in larger sizes. Haven't actually tried to buy any of them, though -- so far, I shoot only up to 4x5.

Tempting to wonder if one could find a way to either develop only one side, or else bleach one side or strip the emulsion from one side after processing -- if you develop or keep only the side toward the lens, the scatter from the first emulsion should be eliminated, though you'd still be using a film with little or no antihalation (OTOH, paper has no antihalation and a bright, diffusely reflective surface under the emulsion, and people dont' complain too loudly about halation and irradiation with paper negatives).