Quote Originally Posted by Taija71A View Post
Lenny, do you have it on 'Written Authority'...
That everything but 'De-Lamination' is covered under warranty?
I think I purchased this in 2012, exactly 3 years ago... The monitor was nearing 10,000 hours, when I reported the issue. I just leave it on all the time, might rethink that in the future. The tech guy checked with his "manager", who wouldn't budge. So now they get some not so positive press, which is what they deserve, IMO. Same with every other company that doesn't treat the large format forum members right...

The LCD panel is the part that is only covered for 3 years, or 10,000 hours. That's 417 days, or 1.1 years, if you leave it on all the time.

At this point, it's past the hours mark, so there's nothing I can do... I appreciate everyone's effort to try and help.

I wish Apple would get their act together and put out a monitor like the one for the iMac 27inch that is standalone... I know there's issues with the graphics cards required to drive it, but even if it wasn't 5K, but had a halfway decent color space, that would suffice...

For those of you who scan with me, if I miss a spot in the upper center, I apologize.

I think that most computers have about a 3 year life, now its monitors, too. I guess I should just get over it...

Lenny

Here you go:

The period of this Warranty is five (5) years from the date of purchase of the Product subject to the usage time being less than or equal to 30,000 hours (hereinafter referred to as the “Warranty Period”), provided that the Warranty Period for the LCD panel is limited to three (3) years from the date of purchase of the Product. The brightness of the Product shall be warranted only if the Product has been used within the recommended brightness of described in the User's Manual and the Warranty Period for the brightness is limited to three (3) years from the date of purchase of the Product subject to the usage time being less than or equal to 10,000 hours. EIZO and Distributors shall bear no liability or obligation with regard to the Product in relation to the Original Purchaser or any third parties other than as provided under this Warranty.

snip

Notwithstanding any other provision of this Warranty, EIZO and Distributors shall have no obligation under this Warranty whatsoever in any of the cases as set forth below:
(a) Any defect of the Product caused by freight damage, modifi cation, alteration, abuse, misuse, accident, incorrect installation, disaster, faulty maintenance and/or improper repair by third party other than EIZO and Distributors;
(b) Any incompatibility of the Product due to possible technical innovations and/or regulations;
(c) Any deterioration of the sensor;
(d) Any deterioration of display performance caused by the deterioration of expendable parts such as the LCD panel and/or backlight, etc. (e.g. changes in brightness uniformity, changes in color, changes in color uniformity, defects in pixels including burnt pixels, etc.);
(e) Any deterioration of the Product caused by the use at higher brightness than the recommended brightness described in the User’s Manual;
(f) Any defect of the Product caused by external equipment;
(g) Any defect of the Product on which the original serial number has been altered or removed;
(h) Any normal deterioration of the product, particularly that of consumables, accessories, and/or attachments (e.g. buttons, rotating parts, cables, User’s Manual, etc.); and
(i) Any deformation, discoloration, and/or warp of the exterior of the product including that of the surface of the LCD panel.