Thread: polarizing filter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: polarizing filter

Similar experiences to Drew so rarely use one although have a large 90mm circular available. Note I am a color landscape and nature photographer. Long ago in my 35mm SLR days experimented with them enough to generally dislike the affect with landscapes. Just too unnatural for my style that has interest in capturing natural moments with reasonable fidelity. That said I'd expect some of my images would have been better if I always bothered to check what the effect of a polarizer would offer. However view camera work is tedious enough anyway that I don't need to play that game especially since I seem to be highly successful as is.

David

Kevin Kolosky

Quote Originally Posted by David_Senesac View Post
    Similar experiences to Drew so rarely use one although have a large 90mm circular available. Note I am a color landscape and nature photographer. Long ago in my 35mm SLR days experimented with them enough to generally dislike the affect with landscapes. Just too unnatural for my style that has interest in capturing natural moments with reasonable fidelity. That said I'd expect some of my images would have been better if I always bothered to check what the effect of a polarizer would offer. However view camera work is tedious enough anyway that I don't need to play that game especially since I seem to be highly successful as is.

David
    David

You have a fantastic website. Absolutely fantastic. I really like how you take the time to explain what was going on with your mind and your seeing after each print that you show. great stuff! The only way it would be greater would be if you had video and audio showing you making the photos! Really nice.

Well thank you very much Kevin, so appreciated from another large format photographer! (:

Our wonderful natural places in this fragile blue world have stories to tell that go beyond their visual attributes. With non-icon landscapes that most in our public audience won't recognize, I hope brief commentary with a little natural science will bring an audience out of their being mere aesthetic abstractions.