Not trying to rain on your parade here, but I would consider going back to school... for something else... and keeping this a hobby that you enjoy and love. The days you pine for are long gone. Art is basically dead. I was at the Carnegie Mellon Open Art Studio the other night (they have one each semester for students to show their work). I have to tell you, 99.999% of it sucked. I took photos of the floor boards from the studios... much more interesting than anything I saw being exhibited. And I even heard one student say to another "I only have to get a D". From that observation I calculated that the parents of these kids are wasting over $1 million a year collectively. My daughter goes to CMU and, IMHO, has more talent in the little piece of her left index finger she accidentally sliced off two weeks ago, than in the entire art school. My daughter was smart... at 16 she said to us... I don't want to be a starving artist and most art today sucks... the only ones who make money are really bad... they are just good marketers (bullsh!tters). So, what did she do? She applied to the School of Drama across the green. Got accepted at her interview (one of only two) and they only accept scenic design majors a year. She said she could use her talents to make money and pretty much work wherever she wants to. On top of her loaded schedule (plus "crew" and late night studio time) she has been working four jobs (all referrals from teachers and grad students) since June... she's made over $3000 that she's going to use to go to the Prague Quadrennial this June.

I am a LF film photographer (4x5, 8x10, 11x14) and have sold maybe 10 prints in 30 years.... I gave up on being the next Edward Weston... I make a hell of a lot more money as a graphic designer with large global clients (so I can afford to send my daughter to CMU)... and really appreciate the little time I get to photograph and print. Take from all this what you will, and good luck.