View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 26 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

I'm near Bantry in West Cork when I'm not somewhere else in the world (Palma de Mallorca,Spain right now!)
    Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France

Quote Originally Posted by anglophone1 View Post
    Any news on this Ben?
    Have my 90 mm ready to go......
    Hi all,

I've exposed a few more sheets that I'll scan and post soon. I've been preoccupied with some software I need to get out the door, and Justin just became a father, so we have a few balls in the air.

The next step for us is to visit a spring manufacturer to work out the specs for the spring back. I think it should be relatively straightforward. We just need to figure out the right amount of torque. The less the better in my mind, because you don't need much pressure to hold a lightweight filmholder against the back.

Then we need to find someone to do the tooling for the mold. We had selected a place, but they couldn't get a quote together so we're having to restart the search.

Once I get this software out there I'll return my attention to this project, as I'd love to get it out before the end of the year!

I just bought what is essentially a lightweight 4x5 p&s on ebay last week for $75, before I knew about this project. I'd much rather prefer your model. I guess now I'll have to have both once you get this thing manufactured! I hope it regains a higher priority on your guys' to-do list soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120604_0006.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	74731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m4tn3aDvzL1rx99tko1_1280.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	74732

Ben, how dare you put us off! And for such silly things like, you know, work, fatherhood, and other trivialities. Don't you understand the seriousness of the delay? In that amount of time, I could, you know, actually lose the stuff I've gathered together for this camera, or (gasp!) use that Blik, silly little homemade finder, and 90mm WA Optar on some other project.

I even found an ancient little Vivitar 252 flash that is tiny enough to store inside it and would work fine on this camera.

But nooooo. You guys have to go out and, you know, earn a living and, like, raise kids and stuff.

Rick "who has Art to make, dammit!" Denney

I can't match your sarcasm Rick, I'm just too subtle. Thanks for clarifying my post.

Ben, do you have a link for the Graflok ISO standard you found? I'd love to see that...

Quote Originally Posted by architorture View Post
    I can't match your sarcasm Rick
    I think he must be secretly British. We excel at sarcasm!

Steve.

When I was in London a few years ago, nobody there had any suspicions that I might be secretly British, heh.

Even if I did go over there primarily to listen to two concerts by the Royal Philharmonic.

Rick "who became decidedly American in the face of a pompous and snobbish cleric in Westminster Cathedral, whose sarcasm tolerance was definitely not up to the task" Denney

I found a blog of someone who does polaroid conversions and mentioned the international back ANSI standard. I asked him for a copy and he delivered; for posterity's sake, here's the post with the link in the comments: http://salihonbashome.blogspot.com/2...ass-panel.html

I would upload the pdf, but I don't know if that's fair to him. You can pm me if it is no longer available at the link above sometime in the future...

Any updates?! I'm really looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Rick "who became decidedly American in the face of a pompous and snobbish cleric in Westminster Cathedral, whose sarcasm tolerance was definitely not up to the task" Denney
    I will write a letter to the minister for public sarcasm and have him replaced by someone more suitable.

To temporarily drag this thread back on topic, my 65mm Super Angulon is now fitted into a new fully operational shutter so one of my tasks now is to take the focusing mechanism and lens board from my 6x12 camera and build a 5x4 holding body around it.

Steve.