Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MF Digital back on 4x5 - inexpensive view camera options?

Re: MF Digital back on 4x5 - inexpensive view camera options?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Leppanen View Post
    Yes, that definitely looked interesting, as does the Linhof Techno, the Cambo Wide, etc.

Hmm, this is getting expensive. Might as well just drop the $$$ on a better 4x5 scanner and wait it out for a few more years!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheis View Post
    try the crown graphic, it may just work but I've gotten very good results with my zone VI. probably the best is an old Linhof Master Technica (stay away from the Technicardan!!!) or if you can go monorail the Arca Swiss can sometimes be had in an older version on the cheap...
    there's an ongoing discussion at the yahoo Betterlight group right now... that I could summarize.
    So, you're currently running a digital back on your Zone VI? Which camera do you have? I had one of the first run of Zone VI cameras waaaay back, I ended up returning it to Fred because it would not lock down.

Anyhow, which back / adapter are you using?

Didn't hasselblad make a body similar to the Fuji? Or did Fuji make both cameras and added Hasselblad's name? Anyway, that makes two medium format tilt-shift-swing cameras.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

one more thing to remember.

the OP said he has a p30 back. this back has microlenses, which when used with tilt and swing(or any movements other than straight on, even rise/fall), there can be serious issues with color cast. I'm not sure why as to how this happens, all I know is that it does, maybe not all the time, but even Phase 1 recommends NOT using the P30/P30+ backs on a tech camera(or view camera) due to this problem.

otherwise, look on ebay for the graflock-->hasselblad v adapter plates. or the sliding backs with the ground glass. not very expensive, you might have to do some custom shimming under the g/g though to get it bang on for focusing corner to corner though....

just my $.02

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    one more thing to remember.

the OP said he has a p30 back. this back has microlenses, which when used with tilt and swing(or any movements other than straight on, even rise/fall), there can be serious issues with color cast. I'm not sure why as to how this happens, all I know is that it does, maybe not all the time, but even Phase 1 recommends NOT using the P30/P30+ backs on a tech camera(or view camera) due to this problem.

otherwise, look on ebay for the graflock-->hasselblad v adapter plates. or the sliding backs with the ground glass. not very expensive, you might have to do some custom shimming under the g/g though to get it bang on for focusing corner to corner though....

just my $.02

-Dan
    Yup, tilt/swing plays a number with this back. I'm okay with that...

I'm definitely not going for any sort of traditional landscape, architectural work with this, so...

How about a hasselblad flex body? You can use all your Hasselblad lenses, and since the sensor is not full frame you have room for tilts and movements on all your lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by spiky247 View Post
    How about a hasselblad flex body? You can use all your Hasselblad lenses, and since the sensor is not full frame you have room for tilts and movements on all your lenses.
    I didn't realize that Hasselblad even made this until just recently. Given the price of a sliding back, view camera and additional lenses, the Flexbody might just give me what I'm looking for. Specs are here: Harry's ProShop.

Cool Re: MF Digital back on 4x5 - inexpensive view camera options?

Quote Originally Posted by venchka View Post
    Didn't hasselblad make a body similar to the Fuji? Or did Fuji make both cameras and added Hasselblad's name? Anyway, that makes two medium format tilt-shift-swing cameras.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiky247 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nonuniform View Post
    I didn't realize that Hasselblad even made this until just recently. Given the price of a sliding back, view camera and additional lenses, the Flexbody might just give me what I'm looking for. Specs are here: Harry's ProShop.
    That's the Hasselblad body I was talking about. KEH had some in recent memory.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

I seem to recall that few of the Hasselblad lenses have much of an image circle to play with, so it might be a bit limiting. There is also the ArcBody, which takes 3 Rodenstock lenses specially mounted, IIRC.

I have a Cambo back that mounts the Hasselblad body and back. And of course the body could have either film or digital back. The image is viewed through the usual Hasselblad viewfinder.
    I don't know if this actually works well with digital, Maybe someone else does?
    Regards
    Bill