Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm affraid it won't be long

Re: I'm affraid it won't be long

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    If it's something that hasn't changed significantly in over half a century, how is it we're talking about novelty, and not just an old thing you don't happen to like?
    Because 3-D has recently been reintroduced, presented as new and wonderful with all the old problems solved... it isn't and they aren't.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post

Rick "vinyl with leather grain molded in it is still vinyl--but vinyl when used for what it is can actually be useful" Denney
    Nope. It's "pleather", a new and wonderful thing! Real vinyl comes in thin discs with a groove on each side. (winking smiley)

We are taught that children should never be called idiots despite their behaviour, rather should be told that they are not an idiot but that they are acting like one. Here we have 234 posts from normally respected members, who are all acting like idiots. A man wants to take his DSLR to Yosimite along with his LF. Who the FK cares!
    "...with the grandeur of true simplicity", Patrick White, "The Tree of Man".

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Correction, my fine fellow: 235.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Evans View Post
    We are taught that children should never be called idiots despite their behaviour, rather should be told that they are not an idiot but that they are acting like one. Here we have 234 posts from normally respected members, who are all acting like idiots. A man wants to take his DSLR to Yosimite along with his LF. Who the FK cares!
    We, or at least I, don't. What's at issue is the assertion that his DSLR is capable of "so much more sharpness and resolution".

Drew Wiley

He has every right to drag his DLSR to Yos, just like millions of other tourists, along with a predictable number of view camera users who all seem as if they unpacked the thing for the very first time. But does everyone thereby have the right to drag their DLSR's all thru a discussion forum allegedly dedicated to large format photography? I really don't care
    if it's film versus digital or pixels versus dye clouds, but no way in hell a DLSR can be called "large". I wouldn't even mind owning one for certain applications, but I would prefer to hypothetically discuss that kind of thing somewhere else, so it doesn't clutter everything here. That of course, is an option for the moderators and not me to decide. I'm just a guest -
    but one who will continue to throw jello and spaghetti all over the lunchroom as a token childish tantrum in the meantime.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    That of course, is an option for the moderators and not me to decide. I'm just a guest -
    but one who will continue to throw jello and spaghetti all over the lunchroom as a token childish tantrum in the meantime.
    Evidently.

Drew Wiley

I'm just getting real grumpy trying to crawl over and through all these damn gadgets to get anything anymore. My RA dev looked old, so thought I'd fill in a little from the local camera store, which usually keeps a few kits on hand for me. There's
    a "Sale Today" sign on the door and I think, Oh,Oh. I ask the new kid at the counter for an Ra-4 kit and he gives me a dumb
    look. So I walk around the corner to the darkroom supplies section (and they still have one), but there's a automated printing
    machine kit there for 4x6 digi-prints and a crowd hanging around it complaining how these new prints don't look the way they "used to", and some poor student wiggles out of the constricted door to the rental darkroom with a tray of wet prints in her hand and stumbles over the damn thing. One more digi intrusion into the world, and it takes me awhile to find someone to run down to the basement to look for a kit. Eventually I give up and call Freestyle. All this toy camera stuff is like the little Voodoo doll "Chuckie" that just follows you everywhere and won't leave you alone. I perfectly happy if it flourishes in its own little macabre world - but it sure would be nice to have some elbow room for something besides that!

Drew, I think you are exhausted; mentally that is. Take a good break, gather up some fine LF gear, get out and do some real photography. It's the best therapy for the strained mind.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Real art was made back when real men hunted mastodons with spiked-foot Ries tripods and ate the meat raw.
    Spiked-foot Ries tripods with Chinese cameras and the last vestiges of expired film frozen in the ice age. I don't care if the op wants to shoot with his digital Rebel and claim better images. Let's just all post them up.