Still curious, nine days ago I sent Archival Museum Supplies the following message:

Folks,

I heard about your existence last month via this Large Format Photography forum thread:

Your Web site included some items not available elsewhere, which was very interesting. Then, your paper catalog was delivered to my physical mailbox. Even more intriguing, with additional items of interest not found on your Web site. However, after being burned by Light Impressions, and noting that illustrations in your catalog carry the Light Impressions name, I've become very reluctant to place any orders. Therefore, please answer the following questions:

• Are you in any way connected with the owners of Light Impressions, whether current or former? If so, what is the connection / business relationship?
  • Your paper catalog includes item PE 10043, 8x10 Polyester SplitFile Interleaving folders, on page 12, and item PE 10052, 8-1/2 x 10-1/2 Buffered Out-Seal Envelopes, on page 13. Neither of them can be found on your Web site. Do they in reality exist and, if so, how many packages of each do you have in stock for immediate shipment?
  • Item LS10010, Black Library 1-1/2" D-Ring Album & Slipcase Set - Black, appears both on your Web site and in your paper catalog, with a different Item number (LS1010) on page 47, for $56.97. Do these binders include the pull tab illustrated? Are the dimensions quoted accurate? How many sets do you have in stock for immediate shipment?
  • Is it possible to place an order in person at your location for immediate payment and pickup?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Sal Santamaura

I have received no reply to date. Note that I was willing to drive an hour and make a personal appearance if necessary. It is still very suspicious to me; unless and until they respond satisfactorily, I'll place no orders.

Norman Riley: have you had any further contact and/or dealings with this firm?