Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chamonix 45n-1 at full rack

Re: Chamonix 45n-1 at full rack

Thanks to everyone for the info on the Cham and lens combos. I really appreciate the pics. Looks like I need to sell some stuff and buy a Cham! When I get the bits for the Wista SP I may just sell that...

Michael

Hi,
    The U/bellows really are a great help with using movement even with
    a 90mm lens.
    JON

I'd like to mention that, at full extension, the 45N-1 has a fair amount of play in the geared portion of the camera. I hadn't noticed it until a friend who was checking out the camera pointed it out. I don't know if it's gotten worse with use or not but I prefer to keep the front standard geared out no more than I have to and use the rear extension instead. It seems the rig is sturdier that way. I also made my own extension bracked that allows me to use my 450mm. Chamonix didn't have their bracket for sale at the time. I'll post a pic if anyone is interested.

Yes Vinny, I definitely would like to see what it's like

Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I'd like to mention that, at full extension, the 45N-1 has a fair amount of play in the geared portion of the camera. I hadn't noticed it until a friend who was checking out the camera pointed it out. I don't know if it's gotten worse with use or not but I prefer to keep the front standard geared out no more than I have to and use the rear extension instead. It seems the rig is sturdier that way. I also made my own extension bracked that allows me to use my 450mm. Chamonix didn't have their bracket for sale at the time. I'll post a pic if anyone is interested.
    I use mine racked all the way out with a 360mm lens quite often and have had no problems, it's really solid.

Someone just pm'd me regarding my home made extension bracket. It uses metric M8 hardware from mcmaster carr. I hope this helps.
    vinny

Someone just pm'd me regarding my home made extension bracket. It uses metric M8 hardware from mcmaster carr. I hope this helps.
    vinny
    Pretty cool. Thanks for posting.

Ulrich

I use my Cham with a 300mm without the extension and it works great until I get pretty close in. I also use it with a 450mm with the extension and it is excellent. I used to have to use a tophat board with the 450mm on my Arca, but don't need it with the Cham.