Page 133 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3106

Thread: post your urban landscapes

Re: post your urban landscapes

And one more from yesterday.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
    They're a bit clichéd, but here are some photos I took of the Melbourne skyline ...
    They were Fuji Across, 4 minute exposures @f22 (or f16, can't remember ...)

My focus was slightly off in the first image, but I think nailed it in the second (of course, at these scaled resolutions, can't really tell )

Attachment 88944

Attachment 88943

I've got some colour ones yet to be developed. Waiting for my chemicals to arrive !
    Not cliched at all, quite lovely. Acros is so great at night.

And Jonathan, this shot is even better than the others. So nice.

Really like that last one Jonathan. The DOF is awesome, and I like the second cart in the background.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Really like that last one Jonathan. The DOF is awesome, and I like the second cart in the background.
    Thanks. It's funny because this is one of the few times I have stopped the Aero-Ektar down. I framed it up and the second cart in the background vanished with the lens wide open. Since I didn't have another lens with me I stopped it down to f/8 and it worked just fine.

I prefer using the AE for these night shots because the images on the GG are still easy to see even in dim light. Not every shot needs to be taken wide open, of course, but with that lens it is hard not to!

Jonathan

Neat - I like that the AE still has its "look" even stopped a bit. I liked mine best at f/4 when I was shooting with it.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I hope no one was there to see you photograph carts in an empty parking lot mr. crazy man

I often have imaginary dialogs with people who would come up to me to ask why am I photographing weird stuff. Many times I have to explain for real, quite difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    I hope no one was there to see you photograph carts in an empty parking lot mr. crazy man

I often have imaginary dialogs with people who would come up to me to ask why am I photographing weird stuff. Many times I have to explain for real, quite difficult...
    A couple of years ago when I had the Speed Graphic set up on a tripod to take some photos of our street in the fog 3:00 A.M. a guy rode up on his bike and asked me what I was taking pictures of. I thought it was pretty obvious, but apparently the obvious needed to be stated, so I said, "The street, the fog, the lights of distant houses." He looked at the scene and then back at me and said, "But there's nothing there. You're taking a picture of nothing."

I figure if I ever publish a book of my photos that guy gave me the title that very night: Pictures of Nothing.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    A couple of years ago when I had the Speed Graphic set up on a tripod to take some photos of our street in the fog 3:00 A.M. a guy rode up on his bike and asked me what I was taking pictures of. I thought it was pretty obvious, but apparently the obvious needed to be stated, so I said, "The street, the fog, the lights of distant houses." He looked at the scene and then back at me and said, "But there's nothing there. You're taking a picture of nothing."

I figure if I ever publish a book of my photos that guy gave me the title that very night: Pictures of Nothing.

Jonathan
    The most important thing is how did your picture of "nothing" turn out? Probably pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post

Jonathan
    Jonathan, I could print this and put it on my wall! What a great story and how true. When I shoot outdoors with my Technika I'm frequently asked: "Boy, that must be an old camera. Does it work?" I always have to hold myself not to ask back: "Idiot, would I drag it here and put it up if it wouldn't?"
    c&c always welcome!

"The world just does not fit conveniently into the format of a 35mm camera." (W. Eugene Smith)

http://peter-yeti.jimdo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Yeti View Post
    Jonathan, I could print this and put it on my wall! What a great story and how true. When I shoot outdoors with my Technika I'm frequently asked: "Boy, that must be an old camera. Does it work?" I always have to hold myself not to ask back: "Idiot, would I drag it here and put it up if it wouldn't?"
    LOL, funny, that is better than if i go to shoot with my digital camera and they ask me: "What camera is this, Canon or Nikon? How much? Oh my, WOW, this is too much expensive, we are happy with our point & shoot that cost $200-400".

I feel i am just a gear show off and they don't care much about my work, and when i show them my work then they tell me either my equipment is professional high end or i am a professional photographer, i am not a pro and most of my gear is high end but that is not the main reason of my great work anyway, so i can't imagine if i go out with LF, i never see one using it, the last time i saw one was about 3 years ago and that was the only time i saw in my entire life, so i don't want to go out in crowd using an "OLD CAMERA" they don't used to see/use in regular, i have new Shen Hao and new lens and i don't think they will believe it will work.