Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gitzo CF

Re: Gitzo CF

Thanks but Bogen imaging is worthless to me, they do not ship outside the US and what they consider part of the US which is Canada. I am still trying to buy an European thread attaching post, B&H does not have it, Bogen would not help me and Gitzo would not help me either. Gitzo are good tripods but their support outside the US sucks and I would never buy another one or recommend it to those who live outsede the US.

The rep in the EU wanted 70 pounds sterling for shipping two posts and one handle....

If you live in the US and dont plan to move, then go for the GItzo, otherwise, stay away from them, their international CS sucks.

Of course, they could not send me the part from the Gizto plant, but they did want me to sign up for their newsletter so they can pitch me their products...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    Hi Jorge,

You may want to try to send an e-mail to Chris Brungraben at Bogen Imaging. Chris has been very helpful with Gitzo and many other products that Bogen distributes over the years. You are welcome to mention my name. I have known Chris for about 20??? years. I speak with him on occassion and see him at Photo Plus.

Here is the Bogen Imaging link:

http://www.bogenimaging.us/

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro View Post
    Thanks but Bogen imaging is worthless to me, they do not ship outside the US and what they consider part of the US which is Canada. I am still trying to buy an European thread attaching post, B&H does not have it, Bogen would not help me and Gitzo would not help me either. Gitzo are good tripods but their support outside the US sucks and I would never buy another one or recommend it to those who live outsede the US.

The rep in the EU wanted 70 pounds sterling for shipping two posts and one handle....

If you live in the US and dont plan to move, then go for the GItzo, otherwise, stay away from them, their international CS sucks.

Of course, they could not send me the part from the Gizto plant, but they did want me to sign up for their newsletter so they can pitch me their products...LOL.
    Hi Jorge,

If you wish, I can contact Chris at Bogen and see what we need, get the part and to then send it to you in Mexico if that is doable.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

http://www.nelridge.com

Awww Rich, who says there is no love in this forum?!?!.. I would really appreciate it if you can do this for me! I need the 3/8 thread post and the short handle for the panning (dropped the tripod). If you can do it, I would like at least 3 of the attaching posts and 2 handles just so I dont have to bother people anymore.

If you can do this for me it would be great, the post I am using now is from a friend and he is getting mad...

Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    Hi Jorge,

If you wish, I can contact Chris at Bogen and see what we need, get the part and to then send it to you in Mexico if that is doable.

Rich

Hi Jorge,

I am sending you a PM.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

http://www.nelridge.com

Hi Jorge, All is not well with Bogen even if you live in the US or even the same state as Bogen. I bought a new 1257 last winter for a late spring cross country trip. With in the first week one of the feet had vibrated off the tripod while in the back of my van.
    Upon my return I contacted Bogen looking for a replacement foot. Their response was;

Hello,

Unfortunately, the warranty covers against defect of materials, not loss
    or accidental damage. Parts are available for almost anything we sell
    here at Bogen Imaging. We don't yet have an on-line parts purchasing
    option, so until then we request that you call our Parts Department at
    (201)818-9500 x 244 during our business hours of 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
    eastern standard time, or by email at parts@bogenimaging.com.

Regards,
    Kevin V. Lackey
    Technical Operations Supervisor

I wrote back to Mr. Lacky;

Dear Mr. Lackey,
    Thank you for you fast response to my inquiry. I find it interesting that in
    your denial of coverage that you should leave out the word "WORKMANSHIP". In
    the Gitzo guarantee it's right there in the first paragraph next to
    materials.

Are you suggesting that upon recieving a new tripod one should detail strip
    it down the last nut, bolt, screw and foot, then reassemble it with
    lock-tite on each part to keep it from falling apart? Surely not, because
    that is prohibited in paragraph five under,"modification, alteration, repair
    or service of this product by anyone other than Gitzo".

If you sir, were to buy a new car, then take your family on a long drive on
    a vacation. Then the front wheel fell off because the lug nuts had not been
    torqued down to specification, whose fault is that? Under your denial of
    workmanship it would seem to be your fault. Quite frankly, I find that
    absurd.

After spending $484.95 for a new tripod your denial of replacing a rubber
    foot worth at most a couple of dollars is harmful to the reputation of
    Bogen. I guess if Lester where still around he would not be sitting on the
    tripods anymore.

I will of course bring this matter to the attention of others in hope that
    somewhere common sense will prevail.

Sincerely, James Rhoades

I was then able to contact Ms. Sandra Castano of Bogen who replaced the foot after I sent her a copy of my billing from B&H.

Sometimes you just have to keep climbing up the company ladder. Mr. Lacky did not answer my second message.