Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: PhotoToolsPro! It Shipped!

Re: PhotoToolsPro! It Shipped!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    Hmmm, not showing yet as an available update for my iPhone 3GS. Should it be?
    I have to say its a little confusing. Since I loaded recent beta updates for myself, it shows up as a new paid app for me as well. It should be a free update if you have already purchased it. I don't know why it isn't.

If you have already purchased it and it wants money again, contact me offline...

Lenny
    eiger@eigerstudios.com
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

Do or do not. There is no try.

It didn't show up when I searched updates, but I searched for it by name it came up as an update. But I can't until I go to iOS6, which is a bigger production...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    It didn't show up when I searched updates, but I searched for it by name it came up as an update. But I can't until I go to iOS6, which is a bigger production...

I am sorry this is happening to you. We surely didn't put any controls in there that required it. I worked the beta on iOS5. I might guess its an Apple thing, that they won't let you get updates unless you have 6. Grrr...

Lenny
    EigerStudios

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Eiger View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your amazing patience.
    Lenny
    Patience? Did we have a choice? I'd love to see a refund service available for apps that simply don't work.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonreid View Post
    Patience? Did we have a choice? I'd love to see a refund service available for apps that simply don't work.

Jon

Yes. You could be patient or impatient .

Jon, I agree that there should be a refund mechanism at the iTunes store.

It's been very interesting moving from a software provider that builds custom software to launching a commercial product. All of a sudden, everyone who purchases something feels that they are entitled to upgrades for life. Why can't you offer this feature, and I want it tomorrow!!! The software did work. Apple upgrade their software, and changed the rules on some of the basic things we were working with - like the rules regarding the numeric keypad.

Many of the apps that you read about have teams of developers, venture capital to fund them, a marketing budget, in essence a real company. This is one of the apps that is a labor of love. It's basically a couple of guys who thought this would be a cool thing for photographers, and as we built it, we realized that it was really for large format photographers. Most small camera users don't care about the zone system. certainly not like big camera folks do. We also realized that we weren't going to be able to do a lot for the digital camera folks, or the iPhone camera users. Our market was quite small.

It's true that we could be faulted for not pulling the app from the store when the problems arose after the iOS 5 launch. The reason for not doing this had to do with hiring programmers who said they would do something - that ultimately did nothing. There are a number of you who got emails suggesting we should have an update in a week or two. This wasn't an untruth, however, these hopes didn't materialize. Software programmers can be an unruly bunch, I've lost two of them now to drugs like meth. I have already put much more time and money into this app than I will ever get back, so hiring an established service at the top rates is not realistic at this point. I'm not wealthy, if anyone has a great psychic with access to the next set of lottery numbers have them call me.

I am very happy to have found Chuck, who I mentioned earlier, as we both share the interest in large format photography, and we can do this together as time permits. He is after rebuilding the app from the ground up and is facing a lot of work. I sent him a number of the recent positive comments and there's nothing like appreciation to keep someone working. He was very happy his efforts were received well. I look forward to a number of updates addressing the iPhone 5 issues and some new features, making the interface easier to navigate, etc. I have been listening to everyone's suggestions, I have every email anyone has ever sent.

I won't guarantee a version for iOS 10, whenever that arrives. Of course, we don't know if we will have any film by then, some people think printers will go the way of all things. I know most of us here would disagree... including me. However, as long as I have a helping hand here and there, I will keep updating this thing until it just gets better and better, and more useful. I can't promise you what a real company with a bunch of employees can do, the software sales won't support it. What I can do is be honest and upfront with everyone, there is no "company line". This is, after all, the community that will use this app, and hopefully we can improve over time.

Lenny
    EigerStudios

Thanks, Mark. Glad its helpful to you.

Lenny
    EigerStudios

Hi Lenny,

The latest upgrade 2.1 is great, and I'm finding it much more useable than previous version. Great concept.

There is one small request I would make. Is there any way that groups of photos could be organized and reported out by email, instead of having to do each one separately? With note, perhaps, grouped by session? Doing this individually produces a lot of paper and needs a lot of organization. Reporting out together would be awesome, would save paper and perhaps let the user organize the data in a spreadsheet?

Just a thought! Thanks for the work you've put into this.

David
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    Hi Lenny,

The latest upgrade 2.1 is great, and I'm finding it much more useable than previous version. Great concept.
    David, thanks. It was version 1.2 actually. We have a lot of things planned for the next version. We have taken a lot of what people have asked for into consideration. Version 2 should be great....

Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    There is one small request I would make. Is there any way that groups of photos could be organized and reported out by email, instead of having to do each one separately? With note, perhaps, grouped by session? Doing this individually produces a lot of paper and needs a lot of organization. Reporting out together would be awesome, would save paper and perhaps let the user organize the data in a spreadsheet?

Just a thought! Thanks for the work you've put into this.

David
    The reason we didn't do this initially was we had these reference shots and weren't sure how to send an email with all of them in it... for a while session. What if it totaled 5 or 10 megs, for example? It might get bounced by some mail servers, and there were other issues. We had to release without it. Obviously it needs to be a feature that is well thought out and works properly...

We'll get there.

Thanks for letting us know what you want...

Lenny
    EigerStudios

Small bug I noticed. When you create a new photograph entry and use manual exposure rather than zone system exposure, you press the manual exposure tab and enter your f stop/shutter speed. If you then save it, the exposure values are not saved and when you view the photograph entry, the zone system exposure tab shows instead. What I have found I need to do is change to manual exposure, SAVE the photograph data and then enter the exposure data afterwards, and then save again. It's a minor annoyance but thought I'd point it out.

Have some more feedback for you which I'll offer up shortly. Aside from that, while I only really use the photo data feature, it's a great little utility.

Cheers!