Thread: Recomendations for 8x10 and 11x14 album

Recomendations for 8x10 and 11x14 album

How do you store your 8x10's and 11x14's? I want to be able to show them possibly in a book I haven't found any that I like yet. I like the idea of having books with different subject matter. Any recommendations? Light Impression have some nice books but they are terribly expensive. I do not like the plastic page look. I prefer mounting my prints with photo corners on black pages. So how do you store/view/present your work?

multiplex

hi sam

you might want to check out the rag and bone bindery. it is located in rhode island, but they do internet sales. i know they do specialty albums &C, and they might make just what you are looking for. their web address is: http://www.ragandbone.com/

i do bookbinding myself, and sometimes make small stab-binding or japanese bound books for my photographs. it isn't hard to learn how do do simple stitches, and kind of fun to be able to have a cloth bound book of photographs you made yourself i have made diagonal slits in my pages to slip the photos into, and have often thought of using linco corners.

i also have a portfolio i had a company make for me. it cost something like $120.00, and holds my 11x14 b&w portfolio. portfoliobox ( again in rhode island ) makes them, and they are really really nice. they work with artists all over the usa and world and have a great reputation. the one i have has a post binding, and acetate pages ( what you don't like ). maybe they can do something a little different for you? their web address is: http://www.portfoliobox.com/

good luck!

Geos

I mount all my prints (mostly 11x14) and put them into portfolio boxes. My last works were sepia-toned 11x14s on 16x20 over-matted boards. I put them into a box I made and covered with marbleized paper that was hinged with crocodile skin - very nice. My latest project (similar to above but with color images) will go into a box that I'll make myself and cover with goat skin. I've also made several books of my photos.

If you're unhappy with what's out there, as I was, make your own. If you can cut matt boards, you can make your own boxes and books. Check out talasonline.com and look at their books on book binding and also look for books on box making.

George

Between here and there

Hello!

Just my 2 cents, if you should want to make your own bookbinding a la japanese style, then have a look at Graemes book art page:

http://staffcentral.brighton.ac.uk/graeme/Bookbinding%20web%20site/bookart/ba_welcome.html

Very inspiring and informative pages. Recommended.

Jimi
    "Be still and allow the mud to settle."