What's going on with these bouts of "Schneideritis", the white specs that tend to afflict Schneider lenses? Is it only Schneider lenses?

I can understand an affliction like this occurring on older lenses (e.g. 70's vintage), where at the time, they weren't aware of the long term effects of whatever black coating they were using inside the lens. But I heard of an Apo Symmar lens the other day that was having this problem. Does Rodenstock, Nikon, or Fuji lenses have this problem? Can it not be fixed?

Schneider says that this problem won't affect image quality. But, I have to question this. These are bright silver specs, for cryin' out loud, and they're inside the lens! They must reflect light like crazy. Are we to believe that some of this stray light won't make it into the camera?

I almost hate to ask this question, but it bears asking. I have several Schneider lenses, and a few of them have this problem. I'm inclined to standardize on Schneider, because of the way they've revolutionized wide-angle photography. I also like the level of contrast that I obtain with Schneider lenses. But, to hear of this problem on recent lenses is a bit dimaying. I wonder, what gives?