Page 67 of 290 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Linhof Serial Numbers

Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

STUDY CAMERA 70
    Stripped down folding baseboard camera similar to the Technika 70. Derived from the 69 Technika.
    Made from 19064 to 1971
    Special features: same as Technika 70 but without viewfider/rangefinder unit and without exposure meter. Maximum extension 310mm, focus scales in meters or feet, Accessory sports frame or optical universal finder.
    Size: 96 x 155 x 160mm
    Weight: 1.65 kg 3.75 lb.

That is the only Study camera mentioned in the Linhof Camera Story book.

Quote Originally Posted by tntrue View Post
    There's a similar camera depicted on page 9 of this thread, identified by its serial as a Tech III, but with tan leather and a single lever for back removal. There's subsequent mention in the thread of a rangefinder-less Technika "Study" camera based on the Tech III/IV 6x9.

Tecvhnika IV 6x9
    Camera Type: folding baseboard camera with coupled rangefinder and triple extension. Evolved from Technika III 6x9.
    Made from 1956 to 1964.
    Special Features: Finder with masks, cover and distance scale, adujstable for 4 focal lengths, with parallax compensation down to 1 meter. Maximum baseboard extension 300mm. Body with reinforced baseboard and leather handstrap on side. Cable release attaches to body above leather strap. Universal cam couples rangefinder to up to 3 lenses. Ejector button for easy cam removal. Rotating back with swing/tilt frame. Bracket on side for flash unit. Shoe for exposure meter. Takes lenses from 47 to 360mm. Baseboard can drop through 15°, lens standard tilt 15°, 50mm front rise. Clamping grips for pulling out lens standard, adjustment screw for rearward tilt, convertible to enlarger with condensor or cold catode head.
    Size: 90 x 135 x 182mm. Weight 1.8 kg, 4 lb.

Technika IV 6x9cm

Same camera as Super Technika IV but without optical finder, rangefinder or cam. Instead has frame finder with rear sight. Factory conversion possible to Super Technika IV. (not any longer).

There was also a very early Technika III Study camera (also without rangefinder/viewfinder/cam .

The Technika III 69 looked very much like the IV but it did not have the quick change lever back. If your camera has the latch in each corner to remove the back then you have a III.

Since your serial number is not listed you should send us photos rather then descriptions or send the camera to a Linhof service center who can then determine its official serial number.

To send images use my regular email address and not the forum.

Please use my regular email address: bob@hpmarketingcorp.com

"The camera I have is like the one depicted, EXCEPT for three notable differences:
    1. Mine has no scale to the side of one rail
    2. The back release lever on mine is on the opposite side of the camera (same side as the leather grip)
    3. Mine has no "ears" (for attaching a strap?) on the sides of the body (above the leather grip on the left side, above the grip mount on the right side)

What is the difference between the Tech IV 6x9 and the "Study" camera based on the Tech IV? Is it only that the "Study" camera lacks a rangefinder?

Quote Originally Posted by lonehater View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I found a Linhof Technika camera at a charity sell.
    I think it is a model III type 4 or five.
    Maybe somebody can help me.

The serial number on the accessory shoe is 54271.

Matt
    Technika III 1956

Quote Originally Posted by tntrue View Post
    Thanks. Even that bit of info is helpful. Maybe the numbers from a smaller run or two over the years somehow escaped getting archived?
    Nope.

The missing numbers are pre WW II and WW II numbers. That could mean that you actually have one of the versions of the Medezin which were made pre WW II and right through the war and became the Technika III. Some of them even looked like a IV. Some of these had a washable cream lacquer finish so it could be used in medical applications and be washed.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Bob, just got myself an old Linhof with serial no. 13821, any idea if this is prewar? It takes quarter-plate holders.
    Thanks
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Flynnie View Post
    Hi Bob, just got myself an old Linhof with serial no. 13821, any idea if this is prewar? It takes quarter-plate holders.
    Thanks
    Simon
    Seems to be one of the cameras made between 1937 and 1945, We do not have serial numbers for those but can tell you that they were made in 7 different film sizes: 6x9cm; 8x10.5 cm; 9x12 cm; 10x15 cm; 12x16.5 cm; 13 x 18 cm; and 18 x 24 cm. 6x9cm weight 1.135 kg (2.5 lb) and 18 x 24cm weighed 10.1 kg (22.25lb)!

Many thanks Bob! Nice to know approx when it was made and that Linhof did indeed produce cameras in quarter plate/8x10.5cm format, I don't suppose anyone makes that film size anymore? edit: seems they do http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/chs...eets-614-p.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Since your serial number is not listed you should send us photos rather then descriptions or send the camera to a Linhof service center who can then determine its official serial number.

To send images use my regular email address and not the forum.
    Thank you. Images have been sent to your email address.

I have acquired two Color Kardan 8x10 cameras over the years. The first is serial number 469. It has an extra long rail (42", if I recall correctly) and a middle stand (so, it has two bellows). The other is a "normal" sized 8x10, serial number 903.

Any details about these cameras would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by belaire11 View Post
    I have acquired two Color Kardan 8x10 cameras over the years. The first is serial number 469. It has an extra long rail (42", if I recall correctly) and a middle stand (so, it has two bellows). The other is a "normal" sized 8x10, serial number 903.

Any details about these cameras would be greatly appreciated!
    469 about 1955. 903 about 1957.

But 469 is a Kardan 810. 903 is a Kardan Color 810. Neither is a Color Kardan. Linhof never made a Color Kardan in any size.