Page 34 of 290 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Linhof Serial Numbers

Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

hi bob!

I'm currently eyeing a Master Technika with the serial # of

saw a page or two back on this thread a S.N. very close to this one, so I'm assuming its close

thanks for your help!

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    hi bob!

I'm currently eyeing a Master Technika with the serial # of

saw a page or two back on this thread a S.N. very close to this one, so I'm assuming its close

thanks for your help!

-Dan

thanks Bob

its great knowing that there are people like you still out there willing to help the "small man"!

blessings,

-Dan

Another one for you Bob: Super Rollex 1115256.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_whatever View Post
    Another one for you Bob: Super Rollex 1115256.
    Sorry, we don't track Super Rollex numbers.

No problem! I guess there had to be some limit to your powers.

I have just acquired a Linhof Master Technika, and I *believe* that it is a classic, but I am not certain how to tell. There is supposed to be a missing hole for the cable release somewhere around the front standard, and I indeed don't have a hole there. Can someone help me identify the camera more positively?

The serial number engraved in the hotshoe is 81822, but this seems much shorter than other serial numbers for the MT posted in this thread, so I am uncertain if it is the right one?

For some reason, neither of my cable releases fit the little block on the (original) Linhof lens boards, although they did fit the lenses. I guess I need to get a different kind.

I also seem unable to get the 30 degrees of front tilt, forwards or backwards, that the manual lists. The little sliding block on the tilt-locking side of the front standard doesn't move up and down enough for this, and the thin restrainer which attaches to this is too short. I probably get somewhere between 20 and 25 degrees. Is this normal?

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by CarstenW View Post
    I have just acquired a Linhof Master Technika, and I *believe* that it is a classic, but I am not certain how to tell. There is supposed to be a missing hole for the cable release somewhere around the front standard, and I indeed don't have a hole there. Can someone help me identify the camera more positively?

The serial number engraved in the hotshoe is 81822, but this seems much shorter than other serial numbers for the MT posted in this thread, so I am uncertain if it is the right one?

For some reason, neither of my cable releases fit the little block on the (original) Linhof lens boards, although they did fit the lenses. I guess I need to get a different kind.

I also seem unable to get the 30 degrees of front tilt, forwards or backwards, that the manual lists. The little sliding block on the tilt-locking side of the front standard doesn't move up and down enough for this, and the thin restrainer which attaches to this is too short. I probably get somewhere between 20 and 25 degrees. Is this normal?

Thanks for any help.
    81822 Would be a Super Technika V from 1964.

A Master Technika has two buttons on the top that can be slid to let a flap be raised, allowing a little movement with wide-angle lenses.

Kumar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    81822 Would be a Super Technika V from 1964.
    Thanks, Bob.

Kumar, mine has the flap, but I seem to recall that Linhof has updated some older cameras with the flap. Hmm, perhaps mine is a V updated to MT spec, or perhaps the hotshoe isn't original. Is there a detailed list of differences somewhere which I can use to make a more positive identification? I have read of some internal differences, but never seen them described.

My rear standard swivel and tilt tightening knobs are black, btw, not silver as in the MT classic manual. The little sliding catch for limiting the front tilt is also black, and looks shorter than the one in the MT classic manual, which is silver. The carrying strap lugs are wide and would accomodate a strap, whereas the MT classic lugs are just for a ring, I believe.

In fact, my Technika looks exactly like this one (being sold as an MT classic, but who knows), except that the flap buttons are like the ones in the MT classic manual, ie. flat-round and smooth, and with a little arrow instead of the word "off", and the front-tilt restrainer is black, not silver as seen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370350650607

The Master Technika is described as having more movements. Perhaps this is the best way to spot the differences. I will look for specs for both, and compare.