Page 20 of 290 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Linhof Serial Numbers

Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    Hello, First time poster here, couldn't help but ask for a year for my 4x5 technika (I'm fairly sure it's a Super Technika IV, if I'm wrong let me know), the number on the hotshoe is 68020.

Is there somewhere on the body where there is a maker mark? I don't know where to look for more info, if anyone can help please reply. Thank you!
    About 1960.

Hi Bob!
    My question: Linhof Kardan Color 18x24 cm.
    Serial # 92192.
    What is the year?

Thanks!
    Andrey

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Vorobyov View Post
    Hi Bob!
    My question: Linhof Kardan Color 18x24 cm.
    Serial # 92192.
    What is the year?

Thanks!
    Andrey
    Dec. 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    You are missing a letter or a number to the serial number
    Sorry - the number is 64971. Hope this is the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeon Art Deco View Post
    Sorry - the number is 64971. Hope this is the right one.
    Super Technika IV from about 1960

Bob, if I recollect correctly, starting from certain model, Master Technika 4x5 has a standard position for ground glass, so if one heeds to cam a lens he can send to the service the lens ony rather than the combo "lens + camera".

1) please correct me if I'm wrong
    2) if it is correct, could you please tell the starting serial # of the MT with that enhancement? -- I assume if a MT has the # greater than that, it has the mentioned feature.. Again please correct me if I'm wrong..

Bob, if I recollect correctly, starting from certain model, Master Technika 4x5 has a standard position for ground glass, so if one heeds to cam a lens he can send to the service the lens ony rather than the combo "lens + camera".

1) please correct me if I'm wrong
    2) if it is correct, could you please tell the starting serial # of the MT with that enhancement? -- I assume if a MT has the # greater than that, it has the mentioned feature.. Again please correct me if I'm wrong..
    The ground glass was zeroed starting with the first Super Technika V so all V and Master Technikas are zeroed (unless someone played with it). However camming includes cutting the cam, the focusing scale and the infinity stops. When you send the camera with the lens the lens is calibrated on your camera and service installs the infinity stops in the proper position as well as the focusing scales. If you have a lot of cammed lenses then some special infinity stops could be required if they end up so close that they touch each other.

So while the service center does not need your camera to cut the cam you might find it best to have them install the stops for you. In the USA the charge with the camera or without is the same for camming. It should be the same in Your area as well.

Thanks, Bob, I thought the infinity stops are trivial thing, that I can do myself using GG..

As for the sending the camera... I'm in Russia, the service closest to me is Linhof in Muenchen

Anyway I see that any models starting from Super Technika V are ok in terms of GG zeroing, thanks!

Thanks, Bob, I thought the infinity stops are trivial thing, that I can do myself using GG..

As for the sending the camera... I'm in Russia, the service closest to me is Linhof in Muenchen

Anyway I see that any models starting from Super Technika V are ok in terms of GG zeroing, thanks!
    Andrey,

You can do the infinity stops yourself. Linhof supplies a test target and directions on how to do this. But while it sound simple there can be problems. The screws that set the stops in position are pointed so they dig into the chrome rails on the drop bed. If you position a stop and then find that it is in the wrong spot and then re-position it you will leave a small black dimple on the polished chrome rail.
    While this has no effect on the operation of the camera it can diminish its' value by leaving what can be a trail of these marks.

Thanks for the hint, Bob, I got it.
    My apologies to other for this small off-topic. Please proceed with serial numbers!