Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 4x5 Developing Tank

Re: Best 4x5 Developing Tank

The US Patent and Trademark Office (www.uspto.gov) shows the current trademark holder to be ADOX Fotowerke GmbH.

That information was filed in August 2012, which is quite recent. That may represent a change of status. I don't know.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_E View Post
    but where do you buy Rodinal now
    it no longer seems to be available in Canada
    up until about a year ago the same formula was being sold under the name "Blazinal"
    but that supplier is no longer distributing it according to several stores in Toronto
    You can get it from Freestyle or B&H as either R09 or Adox Adonal (which I prefer just because I trust Adox more and I get conflicting info on whether R09 is the same supplier or not, but I can attest Adox Adonal is good stuff.

Also there IS a store in Canada that sells it I just can't recall which, ask the APUG folks they would know.

Anyone tried the new mod54 processor? is it good? I might get the upgrade on my old one next time.

In my college courses, we used the simple hard rubber boxes for 4x5 film. A few years back I bought some 8x10 stainless steel tanks with 4 up 4x5 hangers and 8x10 hangers as I now have 8x10's I'm planning to start shooting with. I guess the only drawback I see is that the tank requires a lot of developer... I guess I should be on the look out for the narrow tank to conserve on the developer.

Just ordered the mod 54 waiting for it to arrive heard that the sheets do not stay in place with frequent agitation but I do stand dev and do not agitate it much.

i'm the ONLY one still using the kodak hard rubber tanks? It's what I started with and I'll never stop using them. Or else 8x10 nikor tanks with the 'grouped' 4x5 hangers when I have a lot of stuff to develop...

Quote Originally Posted by JW Dewdney View Post
    i'm the ONLY one still using the kodak hard rubber tanks? It's what I started with and I'll never stop using them. Or else 8x10 nikor tanks with the 'grouped' 4x5 hangers when I have a lot of stuff to develop...
    I use the old version of the Mod 54. Due to operator error I had a problem or two at first. Once I literally got the touch and watched the utube video, I haven't had a problem. I'll get the new version soon. Bill Barber

Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    I use the old version of the Mod 54. Due to operator error I had a problem or two at first. Once I literally got the touch and watched the utube video, I haven't had a problem. I'll get the new version soon. Bill Barber
    I love the idea of the mod54 but it simply was not designed to work with thin sheets of film. The only time it sheets don't come out of place is when they are thick sheets.

My mod54 has been relegated to only holding film for my final rinse.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

pardon me for the ignorance on the nomenclature - but what's the 'mod 54'? does that refer to the Kodak tanks or the hangers (thought the hangers were 4A's) - but I can't imagine anyone having any problems with either of 'em... so easy to use and without issues...

it's the developing trays I could never master. I have a special knack for managing to even reduce a single sheet of film to ribbons of gelatin even with the gentlest of agitation in a tray!

Quote Originally Posted by JW Dewdney View Post
    pardon me for the ignorance on the nomenclature - but what's the 'mod 54'? does that refer to the Kodak tanks or the hangers (thought the hangers were 4A's) - but I can't imagine anyone having any problems with either of 'em... so easy to use and without issues...

it's the developing trays I could never master. I have a special knack for managing to even reduce a single sheet of film to ribbons of gelatin even with the gentlest of agitation in a tray!
    http://bit.ly/12hj5Cp
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams