Thread: German Photographers---Triberg, Germany--- Please Help

German Photographers---Triberg, Germany--- Please Help

Hello From The USA, Colorado---I am trying to find a Herr Gunter (Foto-Gunter) in Triberg. I am unable to find his email address. I am doing historical photographic research & would like to have contact. I have a photo sales receipt dated from 1952 "Foto Gunter", perhaps a Horst Gunter, however, I'm not sure of this which I am doing research on.

Danka---Raymond

Re: German Photographers---Triberg, Germany--- Please Help

Juergen

Is this the right place for this? Shouldn't it be in On Photography? Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Juergen Sattler View Post
    Juergen----thank you for the prompt response---I am not able to find his email address in English---can you provide the specific--the translation et al?? Thank you

All I can find are phone book entries - given that the shop has been going for sixty years and does not even have the most basic web presence or a listed fax number, he probably won't have anything as modern as email.

snail mail or phone.
    that's it.

If I may explain the reason why. In Germany, specially in rural regions, internet does not exist at all. You have to write a letter to Mr. Gunter and ask him to give you his telephone-number. Sorry, but that´ s German reality.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by megapickle1 View Post
    If I may explain the reason why. In Germany, specially in rural regions, internet does not exist at all. You have to write a letter to Mr. Gunter and ask him to give you his telephone-number. Sorry, but that´ s German reality.
    George
    I know, it's sad but true. Fortunately I have a couple of friends abroad that read all those amazing forums to me on the phone, and post answers on my behalf, or I'd have to resort to the abhorrently expensive and censorious Deutsche Bundespost Internet to Telegram gateway...

Quote Originally Posted by Sevo View Post
    I know, it's sad but true. Fortunately I have a couple of friends abroad that read all those amazing forums to me on the phone, and post answers on my behalf, or I'd have to resort to the abhorrently expensive and censorious Deutsche Bundespost Internet to Telegram gateway...
    I love your sarcasm. Yes, Germany is that white spot on the European map that still is covered by boreal rain forest and where the indegene only speak an ancient language that only a hand full of scholars can still decipher. When not hunting for mammoths, they enjoy taking pictures with Linhof Technikas.

Triberg is a tiny town (something like 5000 residents) in the black forest. Why should a store there need an internet presence?

You can try to contact them at:

Foto Günter
    Hauptstraße 49
    D-78098 Triberg
    Germany

Phone: +49-7722-4624

Good luck,

Peter
    c&c always welcome!

"The world just does not fit conveniently into the format of a 35mm camera." (W. Eugene Smith)

http://peter-yeti.jimdo.com