Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted - 16 photographers for the 2013 Folio Exchange

Re: Wanted - 16 photographers for the 2013 Folio Exchange

Oh my goodness! This folio is indeed amazing - I want more!

Many, many thanks Jim.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

First of all, a HUGE thank you to Mr. Becia for taking the time and effort to manage and craft this effort. Your time, care and attention to detail show in every aspect of this folio and process. Much appreciated.

Secondly, wow(!). I just went through the images one by one and read each write-up and description to better understand the nuances and craftsmanship that went into each image. Thank you all for sharing your work and passion. I am honored to be included in this company of artists and I think that this folio will help me be a better photographer as I learned something technically and artistically from each and every image. I am quite new to the joys (and heartaches) of LF photography and was a bit intimidated to be included with this accomplished group. Thank you very much for letting me participate and be a part of such a distinguished and profession effort.

I hope that the rest of the members of the LF community have a chance to see the images that we are able to enjoy in person. In the meantime, here is the image that I submitted and where the inspiration came from.

Balance | ’bal ns | noun
    1: an even distribution of weight enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady:
    • stability of one's mind or feelings: the way to some kind of peace and personal balance.
    • Sailing the ability of a boat to stay on course without adjustment of the rudder.
    2: a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions | [ in sing. ] :
    try to keep a balance between work and relaxation.
    • Art harmony of design and proportion.

February 19, 2013

In July of 2006 I came to a stark realization that something very important was missing from my life – balance. I made the extreme decision to walk away from a successful career and position in NYC as a creative director at one of the most admired agencies in the world because it suddenly wasn’t as important anymore. After starting all over in small town on the west coast and building my own advertising agency I have first and foremost been seeking to maintain balance in all things. In life. In business. In love.

When the opportunity came to be a part of this print exchange I knew that I would be in the company of some incredibly talented photographers. So rather than try to hold my own alongside of so many incredibly technically gifted individuals I instead tried to find inspiration in the subject specified, rocks, and combine that with something that was incredibly important to me and would serve as a reminder of what is important in life. There is no artificiality holding the rocks in this image, just a very careful and deliberate effort to find the perfect balance.

I humbly submit this image for you all and hope that you find it a reminder and an inspiration of the things that truly matter.

Respectfully,
    Tim Scott
    www.ScottPhoto.co

Balance - February 2013 by ScottPhoto.co, on Flickr

CAMERA - Deardorff 4x5 Special, LENS - Kodak 10” Commercial Ektar, FILM - Kodak Tmax 100,
    DEVELOPER - Kodak D76, PRINTER - Epson 3880, PAPER - Epson Ultra Premium Lustre

Just got mine today- Thanks to Jim for his excellent work and presentation! Glad to be included.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0040.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	93396 Moonset, Shiprock, New Mexico

I just returned from a trip and found my portfolio waiting for me. WOW. . .Awesome. It is over the top. Thanks everyone for your great photos.

Thank you Jim, for all the work and expertise in putting this together. It looks fabulous.

Jackie

PS - Can we have the subject for next year so we have time to work on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Langham View Post
    Just got mine today- Thanks to Jim for his excellent work and presentation! Glad to be included.

Name:	DSCN0040.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	93396 Moonset, Shiprock, New Mexico
    Mr. Langham,

Your image and print are fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us.

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co

I'm in an area with very spotty cell coverage, so this will be short. Hopefully the rest of you will have the folio in your hands shortly. Not sure on the one to Brazil, hopefully it gets to Gui shortly. I am certainly taking suggestions on future topics, so throw them out there. I guess it would certainly make sense to have a topic, so we could strive towards making an image for that topic. I know, in my case, I picked out existing images, while Tim and several others made images specifically for the subject, and they did a very fine job, along with everyone else, of course. So, put your suggestions out there, and let's see what comes up. Thanks. Jim

Not in Toronto yet, hope its not stuck at the border.

Next portfolio?

Still lifes.

Trees.

Interiors

Windows and doors.

Nudes

Moonrises and sets.

Magic.

Name:	IMG_6541.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	93514 East Face at Shiprock from about 20 years ago. 210 on a 5X7...but you have to climb out and then turn around. Just printed for the first time this week.

I like these

Trees

Nudes

Moonrises and sets

and I would add these

Old abandoned buildings

Winter landscape

Nautical theme

Could a gallery or specific 2013 Folio Exchange Exhibit thread be set up on the forum ?

This way others could enjoy and benefit from seeing the exchange group members' efforts.
    Could even be a comments closed section, (if so desired).

Thanks for the consideration.

Dennis
    I know just enough to be dangerous !