Thread: JOBO atl 2300

JOBO atl 2300

Hello,
    does anyone have this processor???

Thanks
    Ralph

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Re: JOBO atl 2300

I think Ian Mazurski is familiar with the series.

Have for the purpose of?

Processing film with it.
    Explaining it.
    Selling it.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Just waiting to be developed..

Hi Ralph,
    I have one, happy to help with any questions you might have.
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

Hello!
    I have one also, everything is running fine, except the LCD screen is getting weak, I cannot see some of the letters and some have blanked out and also the backlight, I can still work with the screen in daylight,but, I would like to replace it..
    I purchased a screen on ebay for the 2200, it hooked in just fine, everything had the right plugs, when I turned the machine on the backlight came one but all the space with the information is was blacked out.
    I was wondering if it was a voltage change from the two machines or I didnt have something hooked up correctly.
    and lastly is there a place to purchase one.
    thanks
    ralph

Just waiting to be developed..

Hi Ralph,
    As far as i know there is no difference between the lcds from a 2200, 2300....
    The difference between the ATL 2x00 models is some hardware (extra bottles, A/B switch, pumps...), not in the boards.
    In the menu system you can change the model so that it can access the additional hardware.
    I actually upgraded my ATL 2200 to a 2300 a few years ago, cost a fortune in parts but it was worth it.
    You can even upgrade it to a 2400 or 2500, it’s adding the refill pumps and a few other bits (also costs a fortune).

If the back light is coming on, the power to the lcd should be ok.
    Could the lcd driver circuit (ie. the IC controller chip) have been damaged by water, chemicals, static...??
    Can you try your old lcd and see if it’s the same now between the 2 or is there a difference.
    If it’s the same, then it might have something to do with the circuit board and not the lcd modules.
    If the lcd driver circuit is outputting more voltage then the lcd module can handle, it could have fried them both (probably didn’t happen).
    Id be happy to test the lcd module on my ATL for you. That way we can see if the module is faulty or its deeper into the ATL circuitry.

On a side note, i was looking into lcd modules for another project and noticed that a lot of them have trim pots for contrast.
    I haven't taken apart the Jobo lcd module to see if they have them but it’s likely they do.
    Its possible that the trim pots need to be adjusted for your particular ATL if all you see is black.
    They should be on the lcd module and not inside the ATL. It would be mounted on the circuit board and probably blue with a white philips screw driver slot.
    I always note the original location of a trim pot before adjusting by marking it with a sharpie. That way you can just turn it back to the original position if you have to (within reason, they aren’t precision trim pots by any means).

Another idea, if you can get the part#s off the actual lcd module (not the jobo part#s), i can dig up a tech sheet for it.
    Those are always full of good info on how it interfaces and things to look for.

Hope all that helps. Shoot me a PM or an email or on this thread if you need any help.
    Happy to help if i can.
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

Hello,
    Thanks
    for the info!
    there is no trim pot screws on the circuit board, would there be an adjustment inside the ATL???
    let me know
    Thanks
    Ralph

Another question, when I installed the LCD screen for the 2200, and the backlight came on but no characters, i was wondering if I needed to increase the brightness ??..I would be doing this by touch until I got to the the screen brightness.
    any thoughts??
    Ralph

Hello,
    Thanks
    for the info!
    there is no trim pot screws on the circuit board, would there be an adjustment inside the ATL???
    let me know
    Thanks
    Ralph

Ralph,

I am trying to track down the right component for you along with a price, will have an answer for you any day now.