Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aero Ektar 24" f/6

Re: Aero Ektar 24" f/6

The 11x14 diagonal is 457mm. Your lens will have plenty of coverage, especially at focused distances of 4-10 meters which expands the image circle. You will be using much of the camera's focus extension capability. Also realize you're working in 11x14 so be aware a bellows factor compensation for exposure is likely at typical portrait distances.

"This was shot with a 24" f/6 B&L Aero Tessar (virtually the same lens). The negative is not tack sharp, but sharp enough for portraits."

I have the same lens and noticed that then took it apart for cleaning and saw that the rear cell elements had only a single drop of glue holding them together. Cleaned and re-cemented it's Tessar sharp, you might want to check. The rear cell is approx. 360/3.5 and very soft focus, need to stop down a bit to focus.

Paul : In the lens I'll get, the two elements are apart, so it will be possible to test them on my 8x10 Bender.
    David : the 11x14 will be a box camera, without bellows, build for portrait distance only.

"Paul : In the lens I'll get, the two elements are apart, so it will be possible to test them on my 8x10 Bender."

the rear elements are intended to be cemented together, if they are air-spaced you should see concentric rainbows between the elements. Because they were military they may have been shipped almost assembled in case they 'fell off the truck', then cleaned and assembled at the air base. You could assemble it with a few drops of water between the glass to check it out.

It's a large, heavy lens I don't know if a Bender can hold it, you'll need approx. 36" of draw for portrait distance.

Have fun with it.