Thread: X-Rite 810 Questions

X-Rite 810 Questions

I have access to a densitometer. An X-Rite 810. I downloaded the instructions from the internet. I read them, but, well, I still don't know how to use it. There's no setting for B&W, which is what I'll be using it for now. Can someone give me step-by-step instructions on how to use it? Thanks.

(PS I've never used a densitometer before.)
    --Mario

X-Rite 810 Questions

Take your readings with the "visible" channel if you are using non pyro negs. There's not much to it really, you'll figure it out in no time.
    Erik

Re: X-Rite 810 Questions

Pretty much what Erik said. You will need to be sure it is calibrated. The manual will walk you through it. Use transmission settings for reading negatives and reflective for reading prints. When you say you downloaded instructions from the internet, you do mean the manual, right? If not, the manual is available on the x rite sight.

Re: X-Rite 810 Questions

Press the R/T button to select reflection or transmission density. Place the sample on the light and press down on the projection above the arm. Read display. Select visual, colour or autocolour as per needs. You will need visual for reading regular B&W densities. If you are working with pyro negs, the blue channel readings are more useful. Cheers, Dj