Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Best MF Film Camera for LF Landscape Photographer?

Re: Best MF Film Camera for LF Landscape Photographer?

Got the D800e on Friday. Took some photos and made some test prints. 30x20 looks fantastic. 36x24 looks gallery good at nose length.

I'm blown away, especially considering I'm using an old 85mm f/2 AIS, not exactly well known for being a blazingly sharp lens (at f/11 no less).

It's not a one size fits all world sir, I am a lot faster with a 501CM than I am with my 4x5 and the resulting shots can be just as dynamic and technically excellent with either format. Ever try to mount a 4x5 to a Kenyon gyro and then get the shot from a helicopter...?...didn't think so...And those shots were used in POP ads at 50x50 and looked stell-ar my friend.
    Agreed. Just wanted to point out the OPs initial situation. Of course you need more tools in your box for different situations, and if you are creative you can even use a 4x5 for sports events or a D800 for architecture.

I'm blown away, especially considering I'm using an old 85mm f/2 AIS, not exactly well known for being a blazingly sharp lens (at f/11 no less).
    Congratulations! Don't be mislead by the 'old' lenses - they deliver fantastic results with modern cameras. Enjoy your new tool!