Thread: Seeking recos for exhibits or galleries showing LF photography in New York City.

Seeking recos for exhibits or galleries showing LF photography in New York City.

I will be visiting New York City in January for a long weekend, and would appreciate any suggestions of museum exhibitions or gallery showings of LF photography (or more likely LF than non-LF) especially of landscapes and architectural subjects. And are there any specialized shops for LF gear that I should acquaint myself with? I am aware of large sellers like Adorama and B&H Photo, but wonder if there are any smaller and specialized shops that I should visit and consider developing a relationship with? Many thanks for any suggestions...
    ... JMOwens (Mt. Pleasant, Wisc. USA)

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." ...Michelangelo

Re: Seeking recos for exhibits or galleries showing LF photography in New York City.

http://www.howardgreenberg.com/front...electedIndex=0

Joel Meyerwitz Cape Light at the Greenberg Gallery till January 5th.

There's a pretty cool exhibit at the Metropolitan of altered photos prior to photoshop.

Re: Seeking recos for exhibits or galleries showing LF photography in New York City.

Thank you for this recommendation, and I regret that I will be in NYC after the Joel Meyerowitz exhibit. I've seen and enjoyed some of his photography elsewhere. But this gallery seems like a good one for me to visit, and it will be near our hotel, so I look forward to it! Are there any other galleries you might recommend? Thanks again...

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." ...Michelangelo

Kenro Izu will be the next show at Howard Greenberg
    Nicholas Nixon at Pace MacGill
    Chris McCaw at Yossi Milo
    Philip Trager at the New York Public Library
    Im having a show of mostly 8x10 work at the Camera Club of New York in January.

Be sure to pick up a free copy of Photograph magazine while you are here

Have a great trip!

Rob

THANK YOU for these suggestions - they are just the types I had hoped for! I am especially looking forward to seeing Philip Trager's photos at the NY Pub Library. Best regards...

I also suggest Photograph Magazine (or their website), however, I don't believe the mag is free as I am a subscriber (and I pay ).

My bad, but yes the website is certainly free. By the way, your profile picture is amazing.

Thank you! It's a work by Patricia Piccinini, I saw it at the Armory Show a few years ago, more info here.