Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I just bought this Wisner 8 by 10 1500

Re: I just bought this Wisner 8 by 10 1500

Thanks to all those who posted such helpful replies. I will save up for that Cooke convertible.

Nik

Btw I'm in Neenah wi. Interesting to see all the helPful replies from others in the state. I would like to do some shooting in Madison with other large format enthusiasts if anyone was interested

Thanks
    Nik

You're welcome Nik, seems that someone has to point out the obvious.

Cp goerz. Check out the other helpful replies to my question. Thanks for being a troll and giving unhelpful replies to a new member of the forum. You probably feel better now that you have gotten some attention

Nik

I'm in Fond du lac, just a hop, skip and a jump away. I'd be happy to go out photographing with you. I also have a bunch of 8x10 holders and some lenses you could use: a 240mm, 300mm, a 420mm and a 600mm. Let's not forget tripods. I have at least 8, including some big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Roboflick View Post
    Btw I'm in Neenah wi. Interesting to see all the helPful replies from others in the state. I would like to do some shooting in Madison with other large format enthusiasts if anyone was interested

Thanks
    Nik
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Your first question...'Is this a good deal? ', can't manage to do a completed search on ebay to see what a ballpark figure is? Seems simple enough to me. I crave YOUR attention Nik..please give me more, I can't LIVE without it...PLEEEEASE!!!!

Joel Edmondson

As has been noted, the camera is the Traditional and it appears that the photographs which look as though there is some aluminum are simply the result of the lighting. Having had both the Traditional and the Tech Field I much preferred the Traditional and it appears to be a nice camera at a reasonable price. If the bellows are sound (my opinion) would be that you did well and you should have a nice tool for your venture into the format. Enjoy it and don't hesitate to post questions here on the forum - despite some appearances we really enjoy seeing new "converts" and there are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable folks here.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Edmondson View Post
    As has been noted, the camera is the Traditional and it appears that the photographs which look as though there is some aluminum are simply the result of the lighting. Having had both the Traditional and the Tech Field I much preferred the Traditional and it appears to be a nice camera at a reasonable price. If the bellows are sound (my opinion) would be that you did well and you should have a nice tool for your venture into the format. Enjoy it and don't hesitate to post questions here on the forum - despite some appearances we really enjoy seeing new "converts" and there are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable folks here.

Joel

Thanks Joel
    There seem to be unhelpful people like Cp Goerz on every forum. I will just ignore him from now on. I gained a lot of helpful information, from the other responders.

Thanks a lot

Nik

Quote Originally Posted by CP Goerz View Post
    Your first question...'Is this a good deal? ', can't manage to do a completed search on ebay to see what a ballpark figure is? Seems simple enough to me. I crave YOUR attention Nik..please give me more, I can't LIVE without it...PLEEEEASE!!!!
    Thanks for proving my point!

Now I should really start ignoring you,

Nik

If this camera doesn't have rear axis tilt then it's a Traditional as others have said and you might want to discuss a reduction in the purchase price with Adorama on the ground that they misrepresented the camera in their listing. IIRC the Traditional sold for some hundreds of dollars less than the Tech Fields.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.