Thread: 4x4 Lensboard needed

4x4 Lensboard needed

I just recently purchased a Meridian 45B and I've been having trouble finding 4x4 lensboards for it. I made one out of a piece of vinyl floor tile (.$50 at Home Depot) that seems to be working fine so far, but it is a bit more flexible than I would like. I thought that 4x4 was a standard size for lensboards, but I have been finding it hard to find any on the web. Can someone tell me what 4x5 cameras used 4x4 flat lenseboards? I have a Beseller 4x4 board for an enlarger that is just a tad too big and too thick.

Thanks in advance,

4x4 Lensboard needed

Try Calumet (http://www.calumetphoto.com) and do a search on 4x4 lensboard.. That will get you a listing of their 4x4 boards.

4x4 Lensboard needed

Hi, I make lensboards for Deardorffs and can custom make a board if you have a sample you can send me. I charge $25 for a board and $10 for drilling the hole to fit whichever shutter you have. I have a money back guarantee that they fit or you get a refund or new board. Haven't had any takers yet but I still offer it. They can be made of cherry or mahogany.

You can try midwest photo or one of the big mail order houses for other sources for these.

4x4 Lensboard needed

Both Wisner and Deardorff make/made cameras that used 4x4 boards. There were also some Graflex and Calumet models that used that size as well.

4x4 Lensboard needed

I have a Meridian. It uses the old 4x4 Calumet lensboards. As Mr. Barker says, contact Calumet.

4x4 Lensboard needed

A lensboard may be nominally 4" X 4" and still not fit, so be cautious paying much money.

Model shops have small sheets of thin plywood that are very good material for lensboards. They are a very quality product. The thickness range is from 1/64" to 1/4" and you can glue them together to get exact thickness or to add a light trap. For your Meridian, you probably want plain black, but for those who have older cameras, Micro-Mark, www.micromark.com carries thin sheets of mahogany and other woods (not plywood).

4x4 Lensboard needed

You might try styrene which comes in various thicknesses and is at most hooby/craft shops. Usually only in white, but you can rough up the backside to paint black. Easy to cut or round off corners if needed.
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

4x4 Lensboard needed

I too am searching for a 4x4 lens board. My application is for a Burke & James 4x5 press. I have created an autocad drawing using take off's from the camera and am going to have it fabricated shortly. If I am successful I will offer drawing to all interested. I plan to use northern ash for the board material. Jim