Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay - Think this seller is a happy puppy?

Ebay - Think this seller is a happy puppy?

Life in the fast lane!

Re: Ebay - Think this seller is a happy puppy?

I've been lucky I haven't any issues with paypal/ebay (although I did have one a while ago that left me $30 out of pocket). Part of me wants nothing to do with eBay and Paypal because of their behaviour and lack of assistance in issues with such as this but the other half of me find both those resources very useful, and not just for camera gear either. I'm a bit torn. They're scumbags but they've got me by the balls.

The Seller needs to file a police report.

I don't think this is just Paypal. The same sort of thing happens to people with merchant accounts, (i.e. fradulent chargebacks). Yes a police report is the best course of action. The real problem is that the Credit Card system is broken.

This is the bit I have a problem with
    Only sell to people with significant positive feedback
    We all started at zero. If everybody adopted this selling technique, no one would ever buy or sell anything.

Steve.

I don't think you can block bidders with, say, less than ten feedbacks. Buyers with minus feedback ratings can be blocked I think though. As a 'buyer only' on ebay you'll have nothing but a perfect record which is no indication of 'honesty'.

Quote Originally Posted by CP Goerz View Post
    I don't think you can block bidders with, say, less than ten feedbacks. Buyers with minus feedback ratings can be blocked I think though. As a 'buyer only' on ebay you'll have nothing but a perfect record which is no indication of 'honesty'.
    But of course the problem is that with the potential issues involved for those of us who occasionally sold on eBay are not prepared to take on the risk and aggravation of feeBay and PayMyPal, hence now only a buyer.

Still surprised some legal firm in the US has not yet organized and launched a class action, unless of course there are no grounds...

hacker extraordinaire

I went through a very similar ordeal...I put the dispute resolution together nicely and I thought there was no possible way that Paypal would support the buyer, since it was so obvious he scamming. It didn't matter. They charged my paypal account back and everything, for a scammer. That's the last thing I ever sold on eBay. I only use Paypal if there is no other choice, and I don't accept it.
    Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do.
    --A=B by Petkovšek et. al.

the only reason this seller got a refund is he made it visible enough to be uncomfortable to the scumbags @ preypal and eprey. Normal folks most likely won't have that option.

The only possible way to avoid this is to ship only after you have transferred the money out of paypal into your own account (where they can't get it). Looks like this seller had a 21 day (or longer?) hold on the funds so he was kind of screwed that way too. That's another scumbagish preypal tactic for things they think are 'high-risk' items.

I quit selling anything on eBay several years ago because of this exact reason.

If I'm buying something and the vendor doesn't like Paypal then I'm perfectly happy to do something different for them. I'm capable of evaluating on a case by case basis what risk I am willing to take with the vendor and what risk I am not willing to take.

So far, knock on wood (rapping the side of my head) I have not gotten screwed.