Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ebay - Think this seller is a happy puppy?

Re: Ebay - Think this seller is a happy puppy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Anderson View Post
    So if this isolation isn't maintained (say I just deposite a check from my regular bank account to the PayPal bank account) PayPal is going to somehow (directly or indirectly) get to the regular bank account?
    I very much doubt they can. The whole thing strikes me as a lot of effort to accomplish nothing at all. I think a second account at the same bank and electronic transfers works just as well. I just wish my bank could do that instantly.

This is why I won't sell anything on eBay. It's far too easy for a unscrupulous buyer to claim they never got the stuff you sent as in you sent an empty box or accidentally break it the first week and then claim it was received that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Anderson View Post
    So if this isolation isn't maintained (say I just deposite a check from my regular bank account to the PayPal bank account) PayPal is going to somehow (directly or indirectly) get to the regular bank account?
    I don't know if this is possible in the US (though I expect it not to be), but where I live it's definitely not. Simply having separate accounts in the same bank is more than enough to keep PayPal and everybody else away from my money. The only thing PayPal can do is try to charge the debit card that's linked to my PayPal account. If that fails, nothing short of a court order can give them access to any other bank account of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Soare View Post
    I don't know if this is possible in the US (though I expect it not to be), but where I live it's definitely not. Simply having separate accounts in the same bank is more than enough to keep PayPal and everybody else away from my money. The only thing PayPal can do is try to charge the debit card that's linked to my PayPal account. If that fails, nothing short of a court order can give them access to any other bank account of mine.
    Thats what i do. If i need i will close the paypal account so they cant hit me with insuficiant funds.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

CPGoerz/Andrew/Zeiss Basher wrote:

All the negative feedback I've been given in recent years were from buyers who wanted a discounted price after they bought something and instead I asked for the item to be returned.
    Ditto here. Fortunately, this isn't the worst kind of ebay situation. I can live with a less than 100% feedback for a year!

ARS KC2UU

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I went through a very similar ordeal...I put the dispute resolution together nicely and I thought there was no possible way that Paypal would support the buyer, since it was so obvious he scamming. It didn't matter. They charged my paypal account back and everything, for a scammer. That's the last thing I ever sold on eBay. I only use Paypal if there is no other choice, and I don't accept it.
    BetterSense:

Ditto here. Except I've gone a step further. I've never used paypal and will never consider using it for any reason. I've even stopped using professional vendors who've gone to paypal for their transactions.

BG
    All natural images are analog. But the retina converts them to digital on their way to the brain.

PayPal? Credit Cards? = Free Goods by means of a "Chargeback"

When I sell cameras that I build or from my collection I demand checks and money orders, this puts myself as the final say about claims and disputes and refunds not some stupid worthless Sh!thead that works for the credit card companies or PayPal.

Sometimes I do accept credit card payments but I make the buyer provide ID, proof of address and in some cases actually mail me a document waiving chargeback rights, I also make them sign up for a credit card processor that makes them join their service and compels them to validate everything form bank accounts, credit cards, and photo identification.

Should the potential customer fail to become signed up for the credit card processor and become fully vaidated? It is then quite obvious they want to rip you off by means of "Chargeback", "Not as Described" or "Not recieved"

Honest potential customers often will find a way to pay without using credit cards and that's that.

People in certain Aisian countries, we all know which ones, sternly insist on PayPal ONLY, The Honest Aisian buyers will be happy to use Western Union or Wire transfer.

I find it very amazing how people wanting to purchase using PayPal or credit cards do not ask many questions if at all about the item for sale but will communicate quite profusely and ask lots of questions if they are sending money by wire transfer or Western Union which is really good! This way both buyer and seller see eye to eye and the sale works out quite well with both parties quite pleased.

When people look at my own website Http://Alpenhause.com in the "Sales Details" page they can see my heavy handed attitude toward those that are lame, Certified Excuse Providers, PayPal and credit cards and how upfront I really am about people who would like to attempt a scam, one has to bear in mind that I am NOT out to insult the honest people but at the same time let the scammers know that I am severely scam resistant.

I have been harrased by people on this forum and others for not accepting PayPal when I offer up goods for sale, I would bet you a Nickle these Jack-Offs had plans to burn me for the money!

It never ceases to amaze me how many stupid people there are around that insist PayPal is safe and would not use anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by alpenhause View Post
    People in certain Aisian countries, we all know which ones, sternly insist on PayPal ONLY, The Honest Aisian buyers will be happy to use Western Union or Wire transfer.
    Western Union? Why should honest Asian buyers be happy to use the payment method of every dishonest sellers choice? Hereabouts, even the police warn against the use of Western Union to transfer money to any personally unknown receiver.

I have been harrased by people on this forum and others for not accepting PayPal when I offer up goods for sale, I would bet you a Nickle these Jack-Offs had plans to burn me for the money!
    Well, maybe you have goods so desirable that people don't mind jumping though hoops while being abused. Most sellers are not in that position. And do not forget - a fraudulent buyer may feed his collecting hobby beyond his means, but unless he is into a fraudulent iphone purchase-and-resale trade, he can hardly make a living out of it. A fraudulent seller can make a fortune - last year they caught a gang operating a fraudulent ebay consumer electronics store, who are assumed to have netted 15 million € before they were caught.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Brian K View Post
    This is why I won't sell anything on eBay. It's far too easy for a unscrupulous buyer to claim they never got the stuff you sent as in you sent an empty box or accidentally break it the first week and then claim it was received that way.
    That is not an exclusively ebay phenomenon... same thing happened to me selling to a "trusted forum member"... excpet he broke it the first day, fiddled with it, and kept insisting htat it must have broken in shipment.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

You lost. Please send me the nickel.