Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rollo Pyro and BTZS Tubes

Rollo Pyro and BTZS Tubes

I would like to clear up a misconception about T-max and pyro. Here are some recent results. The same scene was taken with 2 films of 5X7 T-max 100 shot at ASA 64. The SBR was only 5. The film developed with T-max RS 1:9 for 8 minutes at 75 degrees had a fb+f of 0.11 and a density range from .22 to 1.65. The sheet of film developed with pyrocat 1:1:100 at 75 degrees for 8 minutes had an ortho fb+f of 0.07 with a density range from 0.16 to 1.07. Using a 361T densitometer set to measure uv, the fb+f was 0.23 with a density range of 0.33 to 1.63.

I haven't printed them yet but they both should do well in Pt/Pd.

I should add that my solution B of pyrocat was a 100% solution rather than a 75% solution, thanks to Photographer's Formulary.

I think that it is a misconception that T-max doesn't stain well with pyro. In fact my first attempts with T-max and Rollo Pyro gave such bullet proof negatives that I never went back to the Rollo Pyro. That is when I started using T-max RS with John Sextion's published numbers and have been generally quite satisfied with the negatives it produces.

Jerry

Jerald, SBR = 5, Tmax 100, Pyrocat HD 1:1:100 and ONLY developed for 8 minutes. WOW!!!! I have never measured a scene less than SBR = 7 but even that needs a development time greater than 10 mins. Of course the film is different, Efke PL100. Still I am impressed with your procedures.

Francis, remember that I was developing at 75 degrees not 70 as Sandy suggests and that the solution B was 100% not 75%. A SBR of 5 is not all that unusual here in Cleveland, unfortunately.

Jerry