Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roll film for 2x3 Busch Pressman

Roll film for 2x3 Busch Pressman

Jo, the Pressman is not the same size as a 2x3 Graphic. Its been a long time since I checked to see whether a 2x3 Graflok back would fit the Pressman I used to own, but if I recall correctly the opening in the back of the Pressman is a little lower and somewhat wider than the opening in the back of a 2x3 Graphic. Are you SURE your procedure will work on a Pressman?

Also, please correct what your site says about the Adapt-A-Roll 620. These holders will feed perfectly well from a 120 spool but must take up on a 620 spool. So film does not have to be respooled from a 120 spool to a 620 to be used in an AAR. It does, however, make sense to respool exposed film back to a 120 spool because labs rarely return film spools and 620s are not that easy to find.

It is indeed possible to respool fresh film from a 120 to a 620 for loading in an AAR, but since the holder will feed from a 120 doing so makes, I think, no sense at all. Medalist, respool; AAR 620, don't bother.

Cheers,

Dan

Hello Dan,

I’m Dutch and English is not my nature tongue, so I easily can misunderstand your comment.
    But I’m afraid we are talking about different things. While you’re suggesting I meant to use a Graflok back, I’m talking about the viewing hood.
    I tried to make clear on my site, that it is really easy to adapt or mount a “23” Graphic Roll Holder to the back of a Graflex spring back, by unscrewing the viewing hood from the spring back and mounting a Roll Holder, using two home made clips. I tried that also with a Busch Pressman. After reading your comments, I instantly used my screwdriver and checked it out again. It definitely works! However I can’t check whether it is light tight or not, but I can’t see why not.
    The clips need to be “tailor made” for the Pressman back. My Graflex clips don’t fit 100% properly, due to the position of the screw holes. It’s obvious that one has to experiment a bit to get to a satisfactory result.

As for your comment to the Adapt a Roll, I’ll check that also and correct these mistakes.

Thank you for your positive remarks.

Best Regards

Jo Lommen.

Jo, thanks for your reply. I'm sure your english is better than mine, since you learned it properly in school. On the other hand, any utterance by a native speaker is, by definition, grammatical.

I wasn't suggesting that you said anything about using a Graflok back. I clearly misunderstood your directions to mean "completely remove the back" but now I see that you mean "remove the focusing panel." That's very different.

Interesting and most useful news that the trick works with a Pressman.

Its one drawback is that when the focusing panel has been replaced by a roll holder focusing on the ground glass is unavailable. Not a problem for those whose camera has a rangefinder and who shoot only a normal lens at distances no closer than the RF can measure. A big problem for those who do macro work or want to use, um, abnormal lenses.

Cheers,

Dan