Hi all, I remember there being a thread recently about lens storage and as I expected there are as many ways to store lenses as there are types of people. Well, I'm the type that goes overboard (some people think anyway) when it comes to storing and caring for my gear. I absolutely love finding better storage systems, rearranging my gear, etc when I'm not out shooting of course. Disclaimer aside, I wanted a safe, relatively dust free way to store my lenses that would also work for when I carry my gear in the back of the car. I had heard of using fishing reel cases and tried a couple but was never really impressed overall. I was surfing Amazon the other day and came across this holder (linked below) and it arrived yesterday. It's amazing in all aspects; quality, design, protection and capacity! I highly recommend it if you are looking for a nice lens storage solution. I'll get a couple of snapshots of mine loaded up later today.

It has an outer "shell" lid that closes via velcro all around the perimeter and there are 2 long, waterproof zipper pouches inside it that are perfect for filters, cable releases, cleaning cloths, extra lens boards, spanner wrenches, etc. After that is open, there is a zipper top that opens to the main compartment. The inside of the zipper lid has a number of pouches that use elastic to bunch them closed. I used them to store my myriad of lens wraps that I use when I want to throw a couple of lenses in a backpack. The main compartment is padded well with one main divider down the middle. The sides and middle divider are very soft and stick to velcro very well. 6 dividers are included and are identical to the dividers that come in traditional camera bags. I needed a couple of extras and the large bag I have left over from Lowepro and Pelican cases worked great. In the end, it's $35 well spend and holds a lot of lenses. I have 3 of Reinhold's meniscus lenses, a 90 f6.8, 150 5.6, 135 5.6, 210 f5.6, a "Galli" meniscus in a copal 1, and a number of brass barrel lenses. I even have a bit of extra room. All the above mentions lenses are on Tech type lens boards. Hopefully this will help someone find what they were looking for!

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-.../dp/B004I8T9CA