Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "at your own risk"

Re: "at your own risk"

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    What's the old saying? Ships are only safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

Rick "who can assess risk and (sometimes) suffer consequences on his own" Denney
    eeeerrrrr? must be a saying used before 1941 eh? oh! and boxing day of 2004. and maybe 2012 in NJ now as well......
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

I have had nothing but great experiences on here, and yes i agree with what rick said, most of the time feepay is way to high, i seem to always see a good deal on here,

ImSo "often wonders how long it takes rick to think up all this cool middle names " Negative
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    eeeerrrrr? must be a saying used before 1941 eh?
    Way before. 2,000 dead in Halifax, 1917:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220px-Halifax_Explosion_blast_cloud_restored.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	84551

Charley

I sold William the holders

I may have mis-represented the condition on one of the holders, but to my eyes it was working or at least could be used with minimal repair

I sold him 3 plus parts for $150

1 was good, 1 was borderline (my error I represented it as good) and one was for parts

I thought this was a very fair deal saying that 1 new one is 250+++ easily

William sent me some messages, 1st when he didnt get the holders (he missed the delivery slip from USPS) and 2nd when he was upset about the quality, and then 3rd after I didnt reply to him right away.

He sent me the message right around thanksgiving while I was traveling and I was not able to answer right away

11/24
    "Steven, I have to say I am underwhelmed with the quality of the holders I bought from you. I wouldn't consider any of them to be in "good" condition although they "may" be useable, they ARE ugly. Don't expect any further sales from me. Bill "

then he sent me another message and then proceeded to put me on his ignore list

11/28
    "Steven, I'm very disappointed in you for not replying to my last message of complaint... I know the " for sale" portion of this site is an "at your own risk" system, but that doesn't give you permission to stick it to those you sell to with impunity...and then stone wall them when they have a legitimate complaint. The holders came wrapped in PAPER & TAPE, not even a box. Only ONE holder works the other two have light leaks & the Spare(?) slides were mostly cracked or broken probably due to your incompetent packing and shipping. Please do not respond... you are now on my ignore list. Bill "

I am in the middle of moving and have a lot of stuff going on..
    I sent him a message offering him a partial refund to make it right and I have heard nothing back.
    I would also be happy to accept a return of the holders

so bill if you are out there, I am here to make it right, send me a message and ill send you a partial refund of what will make you happy or just return the holders.. but please contact me if you wish to do so because my address is in a different state right now. Sorry I could respond immediately to you I have been very busy. It is not my intent to mislead you and again I am here to make it right.
    Ektachrome 64 x wishes and Tech Pan Dreams

My reply to his message sent 11/28

"
    Re: 10x12

Bill I'm not sure how I can make you happy

I told you one holder needed work and one was strictly for parts?

I'm in the middle of moving into a new place and a new state so I've been very busy

If u want I can send you a partial refund

There's no need to be upset I stand behind what I offer

Bear in mind that 10x12 holders are tough to find and new ones cost 250 and up

I think I priced it fairly "
    Ektachrome 64 x wishes and Tech Pan Dreams

bravo! it looks like it'll all work out for the best!

kudos to steven!
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

sounds like trying to make it right to me!!
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Steven, I would like to return the holders. I'll pay shipping to me whatever that was, and $4.50 for Paypal off the $150.00 and then pay to ship them back Priority.... I appreciate your working with me on this... All I need is your new address .... Thanks to the wisdom of the Eddness.. Bill

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Now this sounds like a happy ending.

In the case of old ULF the risks are very high and so are the prices. If they dont fit your back they may still work, I have 2 standard 11x14 holders (i think) and a back that is not, groove in the wrong place and too wide, but they slide in nice and flush up to the rib and I am happily wasting 11x14 film. I got them in a package with the camera, but it was not a bad deal.

I dont buy much stuff anymore, but a good rule I had is to avoid people who are frequently selling stuff like the plauge, the type who bottom feed on ebay and flick what they dont want on here, you never get a fair deal out of that crowd, they are too busy covering their asses.